My inexpensive range transportation

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Patriot007
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: My inexpensive range transportation

Post by Patriot007 »

Steve wrote:This is the lawn tractor I have setup for use at the range. It works really well to get around on the rough ground and enables me to bring the walker along. The large basket on the hood will hold all the ammo, pistols, and gear I need for shooting. Room for the range bag in front of the basket.

There is an ammo can bolted out of sight to the top of the left fender. The PVC tubing on the right is to carry shooting sticks. There is foam padding on the left and right sides of the basket which work to lay long guns on and hold them in place with bungee chords for transportation. And more of the same padding crossing above the basket for a pistol shooting rest.

I should have a prosthetic leg in a couple weeks but think I will still need this to move my stuff around on the uneven ground.

This tractor is still work in progress, same thing goes for me, I need to gain back some weight and hopefully get some muscle back.

With that last sentence I was sure I was going to get rolled 2 days ago by a couple scumbags. When they walked around the corner of the fence rail blocking the view of my pistol in my belt holster they stopped dead in there tracks, gave me a wide path past them. There are times open carry is good.
WarWagon2.jpg
Hey, now that was a good idea to rig up the lawn mower. You just solved my problem that I'm facing in the future with my Father in law. At 80 years old, this man will give me a run for my money when it comes to getting around, but some day his neuropathy in his feet get the best of him. Other than family and his dog his greatest love is shooting and reloading and piddling, if he had to give that up, it would take him out. I' not going to let that happen, he's become my best friend, and I be damned if I'm going to let that happen to him. When he goes, it going to be doing something that he loves doing or working on something that he likes. Thanks for the idea of rigging that riding mower, that will solve everything getting him to our range and getting around it, when he can't, and this will keep him shooting. Thanks again Steve.
+guns +guns +guns
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: My inexpensive range transportation

Post by Steve »

Hey, now that was a good idea to rig up the lawn mower. You just solved my problem that I'm facing in the future with my Father in law. At 80 years old, this man will give me a run for my money when it comes to getting around, but some day his neuropathy in his feet get the best of him. Other than family and his dog his greatest love is shooting and reloading and piddling, if he had to give that up, it would take him out. I' not going to let that happen, he's become my best friend, and I be damned if I'm going to let that happen to him. When he goes, it going to be doing something that he loves doing or working on something that he likes. Thanks for the idea of rigging that riding mower, that will solve everything getting him to our range and getting around it, when he can't, and this will keep him shooting. Thanks again Steve.
+guns +guns +guns
Glad it turned on a light bulb for you. Try to get a mower with hand operated hydrostatic drive. Mine has a foot clutch/brake on the left side, can't get a smooth start no mater how I try letting out on the clutch.

Return to “Topic Bucket”