Quick Draw!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Quick Draw!

Post by akuser47 »

Just like in my city illegal to kill them I'm allowed to trap them feral cats but then must take them to humane society and pay 25 dollars per to leave them. It's also illegal to trap and relocate them. I have my ways one winter I trapped and gave 53 cats to humane society back before they charged for dropping them off.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steve wrote:They made it illegal to shoot feral cats in Iowa, must have been 5 years ago or so. I still can't imagine why they passed such a stupid law.
They are quail and turkey poult killers of the first order. My State of Texas approved wildlife Management Plan specifically calls for "all feral species to be terminated; cat, dog, & swine." It's not prejudice towards the domestics, it says the same things for bobcats, coyotes, foxes, raccoons, skunks, etc., as they are all egg eaters.
Michael
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Steve wrote:They made it illegal to shoot feral cats in Iowa, must have been 5 years ago or so. I still can't imagine why they passed such a stupid law.
They are quail and turkey poult killers of the first order. My State of Texas approved wildlife Management Plan specifically calls for "all feral species to be terminated; cat, dog, & swine." It's not prejudice towards the domestics, it says the same things for bobcats, coyotes, foxes, raccoons, skunks, etc., as they are all egg eaters.
My hat is off to Texas, wish Iowa would copy that law.

Return to “Field/Hunting Stories”