Lee Adjustable Charge Bar

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee Adjustable Charge Bar

Post by 62chevy »

I ordered the Adjustable Charge Bar, Micro Disk and a set of the Lee Dippers. I wanted to be able to use the Charge Bar to get 3.5 grains of Bullseye for my 45 acp. After ordering it I read on here that charges under 5 grains are iffy, well that's not going to stop me from trying so here is the results. I got every thing from Zero grains to 3.8 grains. Tried adjusting it up and down and all that did was increase or decrease the error, when all else fails read the instructions right. Lee said the tap the Auto-Disk with a screw driver handle :o . No but I did use my finger tips to tap lightly 5 times :shock: and it worked !!! Through 3.4 - 3.5 90% of the time the other 10% were 3.2 or 3.8 with one Zero grains. Just glad it didn't cost much, oh well it was worth a try and may find a use for it someday.

I still have the micro disk to try on my 380 for 2.4 grains of TiteGroup.
Je suis Charlie
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Adjustable Charge Bar

Post by daboone »

I've had repeatable and consistent results with Bullseye with the Micro Disk and dippers. I'm not sure what I do different than you but Bullseye is for me a great metering powder. Unique and I however have a long standing understanding that either it (Unique) or I don't know how to get the Dippers, Auto Disk or the PPM to cooperate. :roll: Fortunately I have another Unique loving powder measure that we both get along with. :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Bullseye has always been easy to meter so I think it is the adjustable charge bar giving me problems. It doesn't have a round hole like the others but instead an oblong hole. Anyways when it closed or mostly closed it looks like an American foot ball.
Je suis Charlie
motard
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by motard »

I read somewere a mod to the hole oh th chargebar by gluing som pladtic sheets and reducing it for small charges. They said that whirked well
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

motard wrote:I read somewere a mod to the hole oh th chargebar by gluing som pladtic sheets and reducing it for small charges. They said that whirked well

If you find it please post a link.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”