Hello from Miami

Tell us a bit about yourself!
aws3029
My Press Choice: Turret

Hello from Miami

Post by aws3029 »

I hadn't given serious consideration to reloading until a couple of months ago. When I decided to jump in I started doing the study and research. I hate to get into anything and later have regrets because I didn't know what I was getting into. I wanted to be able to load pistol and rifle ammo. So I ordered the classic turret kit and 2 sets of dies, 9mm luger and .40 S&W. Was fortunate enough to be able to get some pistol powders locally and at gun shows. I have loaded about 300 rounds of each so far and am about to order a set of .380 auto dies. That beings a question to mind. Since .380 is 9mm diameter, could 9mm dies be set up to load .380? Anyway I'm having a great time and experience but it hasn't replaced actually shooting yet. Glad to bee here. Regards to all.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Hello from Miami

Post by akuser47 »

aws3029 wrote:I hadn't given serious consideration to reloading until a couple of months ago. When I decided to jump in I started doing the study and research. I hate to get into anything and later have regrets because I didn't know what I was getting into. I wanted to be able to load pistol and rifle ammo. So I ordered the classic turret kit and 2 sets of dies, 9mm luger and .40 S&W. Was fortunate enough to be able to get some pistol powders locally and at gun shows. I have loaded about 300 rounds of each so far and am about to order a set of .380 auto dies. That beings a question to mind. Since .380 is 9mm diameter, could 9mm dies be set up to load .380? Anyway I'm having a great time and experience but it hasn't replaced actually shooting yet. Glad to bee here. Regards to all.
Welcome, The.380 is to short to be able to utilize 9mm dies to load. It is to bad lee doesn't make a die set combo that had spacers so it could load either. Maybe someone has found a way to make a 9mm die set work, but I doubt it alot of difference in coal.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum. I've read where guys have milled washers, dies, and all kinds of things to make it work but I've always wondered; Lee dies are pretty reasonable, why not just buy them?

You've got a great press that will last you a lifetime!
Michael
aws3029

Post by aws3029 »

Thanks for sharing your knowledge akuser47
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Hello from West Virginia !!

9mm cases have a bigger base than 380 and like Ranch Dog said they can be modified but is it worth the effort. if you have a lath you could make your own dies easier.
Je suis Charlie
HDMontana

Post by HDMontana »

Welcome. Glad to have you with us.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

Herrlich willkommen!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
aws3029

Post by aws3029 »

Thanks very much to all of you terrific people. It is a pleasure to be with you and I look forward to getting to know all of you better. And you are absolutely right ranch dog, they won't break the bank. Matter of fact, I have one in my shopping cart at one online supplier. Just waiting to make up my mind if I want anything else before I pull the trigger.
number1wrench
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by number1wrench »

Welcome from SE South Dakota. Have hand loaded for years but new to handgun also. Lot's of Great info here and seem to bend backwards to help!

Return to “Member Introductions”