Update from My Latest Adventure

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Update from My Latest Adventure

Post by mr surveyor »

I wrote this once for use in an email, then decided to just copy and use it where I thought I owed an update.

"Doing well! Surgery last Wed. ended up being almost exactly as expected ….. started out checking things out laproscopicaly in hopes of being able to do the entire procedure by wire through the small incision. He got in with the scope and found almost exactly what was suspected from last month’s catscans – the nasty cyst growing up against the appendix (approximately 4 cm), the badly inflamed appendix, and the several inch section of the small intestine that was affected by the alien cyst. So, he ended up making a vertical cut from my belly button to about 6 inches north so he could get his hands on everything and not risk rupturing the nasty cyst. Anyway, the pathology reports came back yesterday all clean, so they released me after lunch. They stuck me all back together with Elmer’s Glue and Silicon Sealer after the surgery, so no need for removing stitches or staples. I’m kinda rambling, but I’m new at being the patient in these kind of things. It was a bit odd spending two night “prepping for the colonoscopy then getting put to sleep for that on Tuesday ….. then going home to spend the night, only to return to the same hospital at 0530 so they could put me back to sleep again at 0730 for the knife.

Oh, well, it’s done and the bonus is I’ve lost 12 pounds since this all started Dec. 12th."

I appreciate all y'all's concern. Seems like everything it gonna work out fine. No other issues, no physical restrictions, and no food restrictions.... of course all this being after they deem my healing to be successfully complete.

JD :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Update from My Latest Adventure

Post by akuser47 »

Glad to hear your doing well thanks for the update. I need to loose some weight. Seems every time I loose some I end up later finding more than I lost. Lol ok I'll stop. Take it easy heal up.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
scotland
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by scotland »

Great to hear all went well. Count your blessings and continue to ammo up.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Yes it is good the hear all went well. This is one blessing you won't forget.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dang, I'm glad they figured in out so quickly and that you have the positive results! I do notice that you planned this not to interfere with hunting season!

12#! That's a big alien seed stuck in you. Did you save it for pictures or catfish bait?
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

mr surveyor wrote:....stuck me all back together with Elmer’s Glue and Silicon Sealer..
JD :D
LOL that's funny but just about true now days! Glad your doing well and as can be inferred the pain meds are working. :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

I normally don't do pain meds, although when I first woke up after the surgery (still pretty groggy) the nurse explained the dope pump and said just press the button for the magic juice .... don't remember hearing the part about it being low, low, low dose and a 12 minute timer. I tried it a couple of times in the first hour or two and never felt the warmth, so just "zoned out", sucked it up, and got up and walked around the hall. Every time I got up to go to the bathroom or walk the hall seemed to reduce the pain.

Yep, the whole adventure was a blessing .... faith, prayer and keeping a positive attitude seem to help.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
scotland
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by scotland »

Those dope pumps are great. I remember when I had to use one after some facial suegery. I freaked out the doctor and staff. I heard him coming so I started pressing the button multiple times. (It logs the frequency of button presses ). he came in and checked the reports and he looked worried. Asking about my pain. I finally caved in and explained what I did. He laughed and went on his way. Anyway... glad you sucked it up and are back on the mends.

Return to “Topic Bucket”