Special bullet for 223

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Special bullet for 223

Post by RBHarter »

Interesting. A live fire virtual reality /VR shooting program . I had never heard of it for rifles ,some Law Enforcement has used it for pistol training and there are a lot around for archery. In this case I will revert to my original theory that the 55gr is the apex for 223 . It has the highest retained energy per gr at the highest MV without exotic powders and loadings.

I've done a lot of comparitive research in several calibers and dozens of cartridges. There are weird anomalies in a few and there are things that just plain defy logic but after you look at the numbers it all makes perfect sense. Grab a couple of manuals and run the energy numbers for 50 meters at 200 the gap is huge for a few gr and a few fps. The gains seen in the heavy for cal/cartridge is generally beyond 300 meters where the BC catches up with the original MV gains of the lighter bullets.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

These systems become more and more common in Germany on commercial shooting ranges, especially for hunters. We can't just go out the back door and shoot, and static paper targets are not the best to train hunting skills.
Last edited by Fyodor on 18 Jan 2015 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Oh ! The Luxury of having varmints and pest control year around with millions of wide open acres to roam .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Rifle Reloading”