A different sort of wish.

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

A different sort of wish.

Post by RBHarter »

Christmas eve 2014
I went to bed last night after reading that there were more cops killed basically because of the clothes on their back and a particular religious sect calling credibly for violence against any who would celebrate the life of a particular son .
By now you're just skimming looking for the point. I guess the point is that those days of silver bells, jack frost,chestnuts and silent night have gone . Sure they are found in little rural pockets here and there,hopefully in the homes of everyone here . You know you want to even if you are not celebrating a birth 2014 yr ago, throw that big old steak on and drink to the days getting longer.  Great you don't drink and you're a vegetarian, share a glass of hot water with your over priced artichoke, humor me.

Despite all of the rage and hate and racial crap my wish on this day is that like all those Hans ,Franz ,Nigels and Georges  100 yr ago in muddy bloody hell of the trenches ,we can put it all aside for a day or 2 . I know it's not terribly practical to think that it will happen but maybe just maybe .

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, a pleasant solis,quaint Kwanzaa and just because of jet lag Happy Boxing Day.

And a little bit of high desert wonder.
20141224_064344.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: A different sort of wish.

Post by 62chevy »

Merry Christmas RB. And by choice I live in one of those pockets of semi peace but that was after many years of living in area that you had to look over your shoulder and bar the doors and windows, well not quite but close.
Je suis Charlie
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Merry Christmas, we can only pray n hope for peace on earth.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Lisa & I wish each & everyone of you a very happy & Merry Christmas & New Year,
More important than that?? A safe one!! & if "Merry Christmas" offends anyone,
That's just to cotton picking bad!!! 'Ya-all enjoy, be happy, be safe.... Larry & Lisa
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

My country really causes me to shake my head when we worry too much about offering such a simple phrase as "Merry Christmas" offending someone. I've been doing business with a fellow in Communist China, it is the only place I can do this business. There is no doubt that the fellow I'm dealing with is "connected" in that he is allowed to be a representative that is conducting international business. Yesterday, he wished me a "Merry Christmas" as he knew the holiday was upon us here in the US, even sent me a Christmas Card... all the way from China. Now here is a guy that I doubt is a believer in any of the meanings of Christmas yet he knows enough to offer his respect, stepping outside his own belief, to honor me. That is a huge lesson that has generated a surprising question within me as too just how free are we when we worry so much about offending others with a simple greeting.

Your post RB is right on the money and I, in the future, will ensure my freedom by wishing each of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year without the guilt of caring if I offend anyone.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

I don't care it gets belted out and if someone beats me to the punch I thank them for saying Merry Christmas. Can't remember anyone complaining but have had some ask if I minded them saying something else and why should I after all this is America. Just don't call me to late to eat and we will get along just fine.
Je suis Charlie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Awwee shucks fellas I'm just wishing on what I still can. I had hoped to find only well wishes in my various feeds this morning but alas it was not to be .

May this day find you all blessed with a family filled with joy and a belly full of all the best.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

RBHarter wrote:Awwee shucks fellas I'm just wishing on what I still can. I had hoped to find only well wishes in my various feeds this morning but alas it was not to be .

May this day find you all blessed with a family filled with joy and a belly full of all the best.

Threads do have a way of changing directions more than once. :lol:

Merry Christmas to you and your family RB.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Topic Bucket”