Cast Bullets in 375 Ruger

Topics concerning individual handgun & rifle bullet designs, buckshot, and shotgun slugs.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Cast Bullets in 375 Ruger

Post by 62chevy »

357cyrus wrote:They had the 235gr but not the 250gr
Just call and talk to Al Nelson and sure he will make what you want for less than Lee.

Nice! 40 pounds of wheel weights and free to boot. +guns
Je suis Charlie
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

http://www.accuratemolds.com/

Here is another source to try. They come highly recommended on cast boolits.
Je suis Charlie
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

Thanks, I appreciate it.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Accurate will charge $147 so that is probably the best option. If you do not provide the drawing, he will guess at what you want. I don't know what his lag time is but you cannot place the order until he adds the design to his catalog.

I know a little bit more about NOE, to include tooling and setup costs. He is going to need a commitment of 10 buyers I believe, but he does have a forum that you could ask.

In that you mentioned the TLC380, I'm not sure which Accurate design would be the closest as he has many and no dimensions on them. NOE has all my designs.

I also know what Lee's setup is like and what it takes to stop the line and do one mold or a small run so I don't have a problem with the charges. I always my myself two molds so right off the bat the money is a little be less than what Accurate charges. If you are going to shoot that rifle a thousand rounds, you are talking about 14¢ to 15¢ a round for a custom bullet.

Just thinking you guys are looking at this a bit wrong.
Michael
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

I understand why they're charging what they are, and I don't blame them. When I bought the rifle, I also bought enough jacketed bullets to last me at least a year. So my need just hasn't risen to their dollar amount....yet!
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I have a 32 Rem that shoots a plain based boolit as hard as the books list jacketed. Straight or nearly straight wall cases are very easy to shoot cast in . The 38-55 was a BP cartridge the 375 I suspect was tweeked just enough to either keep them out or original 38 55 s or to drop the pressures far enough to make them "safe". This is a link to the 379 moulds . http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php? ... c67r47t0u1

Bullets out here run around $30/100 I figure 1st that the 401st bullet is free and 2 nd with the mould in hand it no longer matters if my local guy doesn't have them in stock since the next shops are 78 and 120-140 miles away so it's a big deal for me.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”