9-11 a peak at the past

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

9-11 a peak at the past

Post by RBHarter »

9/11.
I have a diary that belonged to an old woman of a simple middle class birth. She married well later on.
Why would an old woman's diary be of any interest to anyone? Well it is a glimpse of who she was a peak into her life . No there is no racey love interest pages. But I found her blase' entry on 9/11/01 interesting because she was a Pan American flight attendant starting in 1939 or so . To be such she had to be an RN. Her home base in 1941 was Honolulu and her apartment was in Pearl City. On the morning of December 7th she was burst in on by a ship mate saying to the effect there's really no time to dress.....with that she grabbed a tea towel wrapped it around her waist and set up a triage in her living room. For those that slipped through the cracks the US was formally dragged into WWII quite literally in her front yard. This was written from her home on California Ave San Francisco Ca.

9/11/01
Spoke to Betty Mxxxxxx she told me to turn on the TV. US under attack . Flights hijacked and crashed into the world Trade Center both towers. A terrible catastrophe.  Staggering unbelievable tragedies.  Huge death tolls. NYC, The Pentagon . Osama bin Laden , Afghanistan!!
Terrible day .
Movie  came vegetables and steak,started polishing silver.

9/12/01
Slept poorly up 5 times
]  [
Divaesed. (Unk)

9/13/01
(Misc notes)
Tylenol PM . Awake past 11.

9/14/01
]  [
Sick and nervous.
Terrible news !! So many killed .That Beast ga Osama bin Laden. ]   [
Watched TV on and off all day.  A Nation in mourning determined to prevent other terrorist acts in the future.  Osama bin Laden WILL BE punished !!

I end there due to the great increase in personal day to day stuff.
I hope Aunt Ginny will forgive me sharing this but it was interesting to read her own words as it happened. She passed in 2006 and only saw the war dragging on .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Topic Bucket”