Aaaaand,, more rain.

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Pb2au
My Press Choice: Turret

Aaaaand,, more rain.

Post by Pb2au »

Pouring here in Great Miami River valley.
Looks like outside gainful employment is postponed, again.
On the upside, it is not raining in the reloading lab. :mrgreen:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Aaaaand,, more rain.

Post by Ranch Dog »

We sure need some of that here in South Texas. We are in deep trouble for the third year in a row.
Michael
Pb2au

Post by Pb2au »

The last two years we have had very little rain as well. One of the hardest hit was our hay farmers. They were struggling pretty bad. Me and Dad had a devil of time getting enough hay to see his two horses through the winter last year.
We were planning on getting a couple of feeder calves as well, but in the end we couldn't source enough hay to supplement our pasture, so we held off.
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

Our first dry spell of the year just ended today after a week of no rain. Yeah, you heard me right. My outside gainful employment has been gangbusters because of the rain but it makes it hard to maintain my own home obligations and take care of clients too.

Because of the frequent rain I didn't get my "backyard" milo plot planted until a few weeks ago. But it is looking good now. Last year we got so little rain after April 15 the milo barely matured in time to lure a doe in for antlerless season.

I was too busy catching up on paperwork today to load some of my new Lee 459-340 bullets for my 1895CB. We start our "staycation" Friday night so I better get some free time for loading and shooting next week in between playing and swimming with the bird dogs.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver

Return to “Topic Bucket”