Open carry question

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Open carry question

Post by 62chevy »

Last year the Open Carry law was cleaned up in West Virginia which stopped cities and counties from making their own rules. The Concealed Handgun License is a PITA thou. Hundred bucks for the license and about $200 for the classes. In PA al you need is 20 bucks and pass a background check.
Je suis Charlie
ddgrfn38
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by ddgrfn38 »

larryw wrote:Howdy DD, I am in the Glendale area, near Luke AFB.
Good to meet you Larry

I'm on the other side of the state near Laughlin, NV. We usually take a trip out to your side of town. Like stopping at , Sportsman's Wharehouse, Cabella's & The Bass Pro Shops. All we got is a Wally and Big5 near us. Late last year I took a group of kids to Ben Avery Shooting Range for a SCTP clinic with Jake Wallace from Team USA
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Wow, sorry I missed this, 3 months ago, I can't believe I missed this??
Well, when you are at Cabelas, you are about 2 miles from my place,
Wife I were out at Big Ben for that event?? Small world.....
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by oscarflytyer »

AL is open carry/concealed with permit. I conceal in public and day to day. On my property/woods/hunting - always open carry. I always open carry when working around the properties, whether mowing/working/goofing off,etc. I have occassionally open carried b/n properties, and stopped for gas, etc.
Steve
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

oscarflytyer wrote:AL is open carry/concealed with permit. I conceal in public and day to day. On my property/woods/hunting - always open carry. I always open carry when working around the properties, whether mowing/working/goofing off,etc. I have occassionally open carried b/n properties, and stopped for gas, etc.
With the hot weather this summer I have been using a 3rd concealment method, I call it “Poorly Concealed”. I hear remarks in the background like “That guy is carrying”. More people seem to be polite, Many people just stay away, “That is great.” Most people seem not give it a second thought. I believe it is just becoming more acceptable in some areas.

In some places that are overwhelmed with liberals I use an uncle mikes “Gun Pak Belt Pouch Holster” with a 38 in it. The people in these locations would probably faint if they new there was a pistol near them, (you know the type). Instead they just continue to wonder around with a blank stare in their somebody will take care of them daze.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Instead they just continue to wonder around with a blank stare in their somebody will take care of them daze.
LOL !!! So fitting of some people.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Topic Bucket”