Press lubrication

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Press lubrication

Post by Steve »

I tried the liqiud wrench dry lube on the loadmaster today. First I used alcahol to clean every trase of oil off the ram, and worked the handle up and down many times while flushing with alcahol. Next I flushed the pegerbers out of the ram and housing with the dry lube. It didn't work very long for me, only about a 100 rounds and the ram started dragging bad.

So I went back to using gear lube. Except I mixed it 50-50 with STP. I used to do that and it worked well. I can load all day and still have a oil film on the ram. The stp thickens it up to where it doesn't drip like plain old motor oil. With the loadmaster in the computer room I only wipe off the bottom of the ram a couple times during the day which keeps me ahead of messes on the floor. Then wipe it down completely when I am done.

I will keep a round count and hours and come back here with the results of the 85 wt synthetic/STP mix. Might be a while.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Press lubrication

Post by akuser47 »

Steve wrote:I tried the liqiud wrench dry lube on the loadmaster today. First I used alcahol to clean every trase of oil off the ram, and worked the handle up and down many times while flushing with alcahol. Next I flushed the pegerbers out of the ram and housing with the dry lube. It didn't work very long for me, only about a 100 rounds and the ram started dragging bad.

So I went back to using gear lube. Except I mixed it 50-50 with STP. I used to do that and it worked well. I can load all day and still have a oil film on the ram. The stp thickens it up to where it doesn't drip like plain old motor oil. With the loadmaster in the computer room I only wipe off the bottom of the ram a couple times during the day which keeps me ahead of messes on the floor. Then wipe it down completely when I am done.

I will keep a round count and hours and come back here with the results of the 85 wt synthetic/STP mix. Might be a while.

sorry to hear i haven't had trouble yet but i don't pump out rounds like some here either way keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “Progressive”