Lee Ultimate Turret press

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
risingsun
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Lee Ultimate Turret press

Post by risingsun »

Royce wrote: 18 Feb 2024 13:53 Got mine yesterday and set it up today. I think this one is going to be around a long time.
How do you like it so far? Would you recommend this model over the LCT? I'm about to pull the trigger and order a Lee turret press, but still on the fence in between the two models.

Pardon the first post! I looked around for reviews and came across this forum. I've been reloading (mostly 9mm, 38sp/357mag, 40sw) since 2013. Started with a Lee Hand Press, and currently the Lee APP and a Dillon SDB. I'm all setup for pistol rounds.

One of my new year resolutions is to get into rifle cartridges reloading this year. The plan is to get a Lee turret press and start with it. It will be a low volume, maybe a couple hundreds of 223 a month of plinking ammo. Only have run-of-the-mill ARs, no precision rifle yet.

Glad I found this forum! :D
barracudadave67
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by barracudadave67 »

Rising sun.... Welcome

If you want to load rifle carts do not get the Lee Value Turret. It is a good turret, but it will not do some rifle carts well, as it doesn't have the highth. I had trouble with mine till I figured this out. I only use it for pistol now.
I just bought a Classic Turret, and do rifle carts on it.
I have no experience with the new Ultimate Turret, as it is to new.

Dave
risingsun
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by risingsun »

barracudadave67 wrote: 23 Feb 2024 10:42 Rising sun.... Welcome
Thank you Dave!

10-4. I've already dismissed the Value Turret. It's now down to the Classic Turret or the Ultimate.
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Royce »

risingsun wrote: 23 Feb 2024 10:08
Royce wrote: 18 Feb 2024 13:53 Got mine yesterday and set it up today. I think this one is going to be around a long time.
How do you like it so far? Would you recommend this model over the LCT? I'm about to pull the trigger and order a Lee turret press, but still on the fence in between the two models.
So far I like it better but still have not received the extra turrets I ordered - Lee says they are not ready to ship yet.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Royce »

Today I finished loading the first box of 50 45 Colt cartridges. The Ultimate turret is growing on me. The priming function is awesome. This is my first experience with the Lee Perfect Powder measure. I like a lot of things about it but spilled some powder refilling it. I need to work on my technique there; I don't think the powder measure is at fault. All in all a pleasant experience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
MoMan
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by MoMan »

risingsun wrote: 23 Feb 2024 10:08
Pardon the first post!
Glad I found this forum! :D
Welcome to the site from WKY!!
Kentucky Flag.jpg
This really is the place for everything, and anything LEE!! It is also a good site for information on loads, solutions to equipment/technique issues, and sometimes just plain ol' 'gun stuff' chit chat!!

You should check out our 'sister' site; https://www.rossi-rifleman.com/index.php
Quite a few of the same Folks there as well!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA
LEE 4-hole Turret press, LEE PRO 1000 Progressive press

Return to “Turret”