Opinions pro 6000

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Opinions pro 6000

Post by horseman »

Bill Moore wrote: 10 Jan 2024 16:20 Well, I've never ordered a Dillon, and in the last 30+ years, I guess policies may have changed at Lee, but my point is still the same. I bought a complete press for one caliber but had to purchase the crimp die separately, and disassemble and reconfigure the press to load that caliber.

The bullet seating die is also a crimp die. You don't have to have the Carbide Factory Crimp die to load a round. Any 9mm bullet seating die will work as a crimp die. Other than those small issues how is the press running and how do you like it.
Bill Moore
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Opinions pro 6000

Post by Bill Moore »

I like it so far, (and yes I have loaded thousands of rounds before we had a separate die). I just like separate operations, especially for roll crimp, it's easier for me to worry about the seating on one station, and crimping on the next! (Dillon includes the crimp die, but not the powder die with their sets, makes you wonder?)
Did a changeover to 45acp, and loaded a hundred rounds, sure have to watch the primer feeder with large primers. I figured out the easy way to deal with no primer, just pull the case from that stage, and fill the feeder trough, and keep loading. I also had a few high primers I had to correct, (primers, cases, me?) It's been too cold to cast lately, so I used some 200gr SWC from the guy on the Mimbres, they shoot fine, but I have a couple of SAECO RNSWC molds that make really nice 45 bullets.
I did contact Lee, to see what they can do about the primer feeder!
https://photos.fife.usercontent.google. ... authuser=0

Return to “Progressive”