Lee Bench plates

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee Bench plates

Post by horseman »

In an earlier post I mentioned I had started to handload again after a 2year hiatus. Much smaller setup than before but pretty much the same "stuff" so organization is/was paramount. I purchased a Lyman Universal press mount that allows for several different presses to mount to it by changing to different sides of the top plate (rotating it around, have to undo four bolts that hold it in place.) there are two different plates with it, and it does work with a lot of different brands of presses. Very nice unit that stands a bit over 9 inches tall so it raises the press that much. BUT, it you mount inside the edge of your bench (which was my first "idea"), doesn't work well with my Lee presses because the spent primer tubes won't work. Bummer. Also when your space is limited, desk top for me, this mount requires quite a bit of space and limits your work area. Enter the Lee Bench plate system. I've had them for awhile but never got around to using them as I didn't need them with my prior setup. Just finished mounting the base plate to the "bench" in an appropriate spot, installed plates on 4 presses, LCCT and LCC and was able to fit plates on a CO-AX and Lyman T Mag 2 turret. A step bit is your friend here. The APPS is going to have to wait for now. I'm impressed with the usability of this system, easy to change out presses and it's very sturdy with zero movement. And after removing the Lyman mount I have a lot more usable space on the bench top (desk) with a lot "cleaner" look to the work area. A Win-Win and kudo's to Lee again. If I had set that up first I could have saved myself 85 bucks on the Lyman. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Now I just need to figure out how and where I'm going to "store" the presses not in use. Never ends.... :lol:
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lee Bench plates

Post by GasGuzzler »

There's one for the LCT too (no pics). Presses are stored under the bench in plastic totes GM uses to ship parts back and forth to the dealer. They share space with other supplies.

ImageImageImage
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Topic Bucket”