Primer problems

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
BillS
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Primer problems

Post by BillS »

Does anyone know if you can still get the older round style of primer tray? And if so do you know the part number? I know, I don't want much.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

My pro1000s all are pre 2018, so the old version.

Actually I like the new sliding priming system of the recent pro1000. I have ordered a few parts, because from the looks it might be easy to add to the old presses.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

BillS wrote: 12 Dec 2023 12:52 Does anyone know
Yes, I know. I have tried to get a few, just after the new triangular ones came out. At that time the round ones already were out of production. I secured a few from a retiring reloader, but the clear lids of those are heavily weathered and brittle. The clear plastic did not react well to UV light. So I ended up with a nice collection of black lower parts, but no lids.

If you find some, take them.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
BillS

Post by BillS »

Well, after listening to all of the tips, I've polished all of the edges on the gate, the chute, and the sides of the primer tray. I have to say, I was surprised with how many rough spots I found. I also spent time taming the bullet feeder. It was always dropping two at a time. Even though the chart said to set the balls one way based on the length of the bullet, the trouble shooter said to move the balls, and that worked. So, I have added a gate to the shell pusher, a powder drop check, a bullet feeder, and a six bulb led light. And things seem to be working pretty well. Now I just need to get to the range and empty some brass!

Return to “Progressive”