Tell us a bit about yourself!
John Henry
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by John Henry »

One day while walking through an old curio shop in Panama City, Florida with my wife I decided to walk around and have a look at things that I like. I meandered over to where some “guy” stuff was and happened upon a curious little box that said Lee Loader on it. It had price tag of $20. I asked if I could see it and my wish was granted. I opened the box and looked inside…at that time I had been reloading for some time, mostly hunting rounds for various rifles on a Lee lock-n-load single stage press. I didn’t know what I held in my hand only that it was a reloader of some kind. I did not know they were caliber specific at the time and bought it on a whim. It turned out to be a 30/06 as it were. I grabbed some brass, primers, powder and projectiles and loaded a few up. I was hooked beyond explanation! The ease and simplicity was staggering to say the least and I’ve been on the hunt for the little jewels ever since. My most prized one to date is a 350 Remington Magnum (I now have 2 of these), 380 acp and 257 Roberts round out the top three.

Thanks for having me.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: New Member

Post by GasGuzzler »

Welcome. I've had a few weird ones too like .300 Norma Magnum but my best investment was a .410 loader. It brought a pretty penny for sure.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
John Henry
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: New Member

Post by John Henry »

GasGuzzler wrote: 03 Dec 2023 05:55 Welcome. I've had a few weird ones too like .300 Norma Magnum but my best investment was a .410 loader. It brought a pretty penny for sure.
I missed out on a 7mm-08 kit when I first started searching for one on eBay. I think Lee only made these for one year.
.410 is definitely bringing a better return if you bought one years ago. I actually made a .410 reloader out of PVC pipe, washers and a socket. I ended up buying a survival type .410 kit hand reloader.
My wish list- 7.62x39, 7mm-08, 444 Marlin

Return to “Member Introductions”