New OLD curmudgeon on here!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
MikeW1
My Press Choice: Progressive

New OLD curmudgeon on here!

Post by MikeW1 »

At 80 likely a geezer on here. Been casting since 1974 and have learned some by doing and a lot of help on forums since the days of DOS. Betting when I get through reading the posts on here I'll learn some more. Probably take awhile to go through them all.

Retired telephone cable splicer that recycled a lot of lead cable sheath and splice closures and live on a 40 acre chunk in NE Iowa. I have 25,100 and 200 yard backstops for shooting and a 12x14 shop heated with wood that would let me do so even in the winter. Said shed also houses my casting setup.

While I'm fooling around this morning trying to get used to the forum I'll try inserting a couple photos of what I have here. I don't shoot my rifles much anymore and now just cast to feed my handguns. From time to time I'll try not to bore the heck out of you with things that work for me but a lot of what works for me I did learn from other people and like to pass them along for others to try or ignore. My wife "politely" says I'm "windy"!

Also like my toys! Lots are not "needed" to make a bullet. Did it my self for years in fact. Have and use 4 PID units and a spare in case of trouble. Fun assembling them and after throwing a few switches I know the first bulllets out of the mould will be good with no guessing.

Said I was windy and will now try to do the photo thing a time or two.

Mike
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
John Adams 1826
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: New OLD curmudgeon on here!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Sounds to me like you'll fit right in with the rest of us "windy" curmudgeons....... :)

edit: I'll be 77 on the 9th of Sept.
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Royce »

Welcome to the Lee Forum!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret

Return to “Member Introductions”