32 TL Wadcutter Mould

Topics concerning individual handgun & rifle bullet designs, buckshot, and shotgun slugs.
DanLee
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: 32 TL Wadcutter Mould

Post by DanLee »

I have one of the 6-cavity TL314-85-WC molds that Lee sold in the 1990s. The odd thing is, I bought this mold before I ever had a .32 caliber handgun to shoot it in! A couple years later, I picked up a S&W 16-4. At the time, I was working a lot and had little time to shoot it. Now that I'm retired, I'm able to appreciate the gun and the mold. I see the same bullet is available from Matt's Bullets, so I presume he had it duplicated for his casting machine. It's a good, accurate bullet.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

11¢ is hard to beat!
Michael
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Green Frog »

Yes, that was an attractive mould/bullet. Apparently, back in the ‘90s it was a great solution waiting for a problem. In this day and age with the rise of popularity in both powder coating and tumble lubing, as well as the renewed interest in all things 32 (discouraging words from nay sayers notwithstanding) I predict this mould will be in high demand. I sure would like to find one.

Froggie
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Green Frog »

I’ve broached this idea over on the Cast Boolit Board, so I’ll mention here as well... if anyone would be interested in being part of a group buy for one of these if Lee will do it (once they’re back up to normal production) I’d like to here from you.

Green Frog
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Its a little more money per mould but NOE only asks for 15 moulds to be confirmed for a new design . There's no set up fee and later on they have been known to run a short run on as few as 3 requests .

Their forum has a listing or did have a listing of every cherry and a drawing of same on hand . A single is like $80 and a 5 cav is 118 . They also cut in brass which is like $15 more and HP is also an option which comes with 3 sets of pins 2&4 cavity moulds can be had mixed with and without gas check shanks while 1,3,&5 cav are not available mixed . Join the frequent buyers club and you aquire a percentage discount based on lifetime purchase .

I've seen that they appear to be pretty busy at the moment , they're a family business with just 6 keeping things running .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”