Lee Value Turret Press

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
Tonerboy1
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee Value Turret Press

Post by Tonerboy1 »

Broke down and ordered one yesterday. A gift to myself. I have been using a single stage for the last 30 years and the old press is showing some wear. I don't plan on retiring the old press quite yet, as I did purchase the APP press and found it to be an interesting machine that needs a lot of tweeking when your load or job changes. So that is not going to work for my needs (of course I purchased a bunch of "extras" when I thought this was going to be the bee's Knees). It has found a home as a 9mm sizing machine and will be left set up for that only. I was just going to get the new version of the Lee O press that I have, but was lured once again into trying a newer mouse trap. Full progressive was at one time my destination, but as I purchased more calibers and such that possibility has gone by the wayside. I hope this might be a happy mix. The individual turrets are backordered at midway, but I'm sure they will be back in stock eventually.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: Lee Value Turret Press

Post by larryw »

My Value Turret is a slick little press. No tweaks, no mods, just lube with petroleum jelly & placed a
small pad of the soft side of Velcro under the index rod, that stopped the annoying to me clank.
Got several thousand rounds through mine in the last couple, three years.
No problems at all. I love my little turret. Best of luck. Take care & be safe..
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

LCT was the first press I ever had.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

I had one for a while I prepped a whole pile of 45 ACP on it and 38 Special . I loaded some of the 45 ACP with it . It was pretty handy to have 2 sizers and expanders and be able to double stroke and replace the case ....... I don't know what it is exactly about them but they and I just don't click for whatever reason ...... It's a neat set up and especially when you want to run a bunch in a short time like that project ....... Just not for me I guess .....might just be set in my ways .....
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Turret”