operational changes

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: operational changes

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have the same dilemma. Everything is in storage totes, and now I cannot find the simplest of things. I sure miss my room and range on the ranch, but I needed to get away from all that work.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

One of life's hard truisms . You work your whole life toward some goal and when you reach it either is more work than you expected (it was over romanticized in your mind) or your too tired to enjoy it without help which takes away from the idea ....
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
JustJim
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by JustJim »

GasGuzzler wrote:My wife stopped asking about firearm purchases when I started buying ammo, components, and reloading equipment. She stopped asking about those purchases when I picked up golf. Now I need an even more heinous hobby so I can get a new set of irons.
. . . have you thought about taking up flying? The lessons alone would cost enough to camouflage a set of clubs, and the cost of a plane. . . .
Tim Stapp

Post by Tim Stapp »

.. . have you thought about taking up flying? The lessons alone would cost enough to camouflage a set of clubs, and the cost of a plane. . . .

Please, you didn't say that. I live a quarter mile from the Big Rapids municipal airport. I seriously don't need another hobby. Although, I could use the wife's employee credits at Ferris State University toward ground school...

I gave up model railroading in favor of shooting.

The wife has bowling (we spent our honeymoon in Reno at the women's national bowling tournament) and I have shooting. She has only recently recognized that shooting is a sport!!! My Father in Law had no clue.

My Father in Law still has 10 rounds left in a 20 round box of his beloved .270 ammo. He verifies is zero with one round every year, 10 years running. When he scores, it's usually one shot, one kill.

Although at 84, he picks his days to go whitetail hunting in Michigan. He's got his trophy's on the wall: Black Bear, Whitetail, Mule deer, Antelope and Caribou.

I'll give him room on this one :)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The cost of all other activities will go unnoticed when you take up flying, especially with airplane ownership. Either is not for the faint of heart! My wife married into it so she never questioned any of it.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

The costs don't sneak up they seem to hit in multiples .

We bought an Apache 180 I think in 90-91' that was apart all over a hanger with new ,but 5 yr old , Imron paint and windows that had never been out of the hanger . We had been watching prices as we got it up to speed . We paid $10,500 I think and figured with the new paint , windows , fresh props , and the annual signed off on the day of delivery , 16,500 was a good price for a fast sale . Pfftt the phone blew up and the second guy said " I'll wire the money in 30 minutes and have my pilot there Tuesday ." It was another hour before we got the new Trade A Plane with our ad in it 25,000 would have been a little high but we probably would have had the same results at 22,500 .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Fresch

Post by Fresch »

We just moved and my stuff is in boxes.
Looking for the right angle attachment to my borescope to look at my outboard motor; what of the 9 boxes did I drop that tiny bag of parts into!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Fresch wrote:We just moved and my stuff is in boxes.
Looking for the right angle attachment to my borescope to look at my outboard motor; what of the 9 boxes did I drop that tiny bag of parts into!

Wish I only had 9 boxes to look through. I have around 30 and I'll bet Ranch Dog has twice that or more :lol:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:
Fresch wrote:We just moved and my stuff is in boxes.
Wish I only had 9 boxes to look through. I have around 30 and I'll bet Ranch Dog has twice that or more :lol:
Yep, so many it is downright depressing.
Michael
Fresch

Post by Fresch »

I feel better now, thanks.

Return to “Topic Bucket”