357Cyrus's Bench

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

357Cyrus's Bench

Post by 357cyrus »

Here's a few pics of my bench.
bench1.jpg
Up on the wall is the first buck I ever shot. A nice little 8 pointer from West Virginia. The compass hanging beside the horns went hunting with my Grandfather for decades. When I started hunting he gave it to me and told me l'd always be able to find my way home. It's with me now on every hunt for good luck. The bench top underneath is made from Duracon, a material some guy won a nobel prize for inventing because its pretty much impervious to chemicals and heat. My father salvaged it from a school's science lab he was remodeling and figured I might want it. So thats where I clean my firearms, parts, and pieces, and why all my solvents/lubes are stored above it. On that bench you can see my very first casting project. 375gr, Ranch Dog bullets for my 480 Rossi 92. Just sized them, and hopefully loading them this week. Under the bench is where I keep range bags, chrono, and tumbling stuff
bench2.jpg
On this wall at top is my tomahawk, the tupperware, is where I used to keep all my brass untill my this past winter. Hopefully I'll be filling them back up with cast bullets soon! Dies are almost all from Lee LOL. The bench undernrneath is was also being thrown away from that school remodel. Here I keep my Hornady auto dispenser, which I've just started using. My presses right now are the Lee single stage, and Classic Turret, which pretty much suffice for all I do at this point. Behind the presses you can see my reloading guides and collection of different empty shells I just started last year. Under the table is where i keep rags and trash.
bench3.jpg
Unloaded bullets go above on shelves, loaded ammo goes in the cabinet underneath salvaged from a kitchen remodel I helped my father with. Empty brass now gets stored in the shop bins on the right...scored that one in a gag gift exchange last X-mas. So pretty much all the furniture that my bench consists of someone else's junk! Love trying to be resourcefull!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: 357Cyrus's Bench

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice setup Cyrus! Love the compass and deer horns.
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I bow down to your superior organization skills. If we start a thread on showing reloading rooms or benches then I'm going to have to go hide in a corner... :oops:

On a high note, your pics give inspiration and ideas at better sorting out my organized chaos. I like the shelf of Acro bins. I may have to work in that same setup. I would assume you can just grab a bin of brass, a bin of bullets, set them in the notches next to your press or just on the bench and you are ready to go.
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

Well thanks! I spent a few hours sitting in my basement looking at what I had, trying to fit different tables and cabinets together in a certain space. Many headaches. Can't take too much credit though since most of my ideas came from googling "reloading bench" images and cherry picking what I liked.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”