Another guy from Illinois

Tell us a bit about yourself!
searcher4851
My Press Choice: Turret

Another guy from Illinois

Post by searcher4851 »

Very happy to see this new forum. I was sent over by a post on a casting site. I've been a member of the Rossi Rifleman site for a relatively short while, and have truly enjoyed the people there and the information available. I have hopes that this site will be just as enjoyable. I don't know how Ranchdog finds the time to take care of all this stuff, but it is appreciated.
I've been reloading for somewhere around 40 years now with a rather long break in the middle somewhere.
I started on an RCBS RC press, and had mostly RCBS equipment due to working in a shop that only sold RCBS reloading equipment. That equipment was all stolen in a burglary, and when I began reloading again, I went the Lee route for a press. I currently use a LCT and the little "C" press, and have a variety of manufacturer's supporting equipment. I have considered going to a progressive press, but have found that the LCT does all I need it to do.
My old friend that used to do all the casting for us for decades, has passed, so I've taken up casting for my self in the last couple of years. I still work full time in the road building industry, so I don't generally have enough spare time to post on the few sites I am a member of, preferring to read and learn instead of confusing the issues. I've found that I can gather a lot of information by reading other people's posts and questions, and find little need to post questions myself. Heck, in reading the other posts, I find answers to questions I didn't even know to ask.
Thanks again, RD, for another great site.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Another guy from Illinois

Post by 62chevy »

Welcome searcher. I also read more than post and when I do post I have a likely answer to the question but just need to get confirmation and some times I'm way off base.
Je suis Charlie
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

Herzlich willkommen from Germany! Hope you enjoy this place, and sorry for your friend.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, we are all good people here and rossi forum and always try and help anyone in need.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

searcher4851 wrote:Thanks again, RD, for another great site.
You're welcome searcher and welcome to the forum!
Michael
scotland
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by scotland »

Welcome from NM! I am like you... in just love to spend time reading and getting educated.

Return to “Member Introductions”