Breech Lock Pro Universal Case Feeder Mod

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Breech Lock Pro Universal Case Feeder Mod

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

I'm going to Auto breech lock Pro the one accessory set from time to time can give me trouble is the universal case feeder. One day at functions great and the next time I sit down with the same caliber without changing anything I'm tipping cases over as I feed them.

I decided to create a skirt to keep case is standing upright as they drop from the tubes. Yes everything is adjusted to the penny thickness I still have a problem from time to time. . First thing I did was cut a 3/8 in piece of tubing out of the same material as the case feeder tubes. I didn't cut a section out of that so it would slip around the bottom of the case feeding assembly. After that I cut a half inch long peace a very flexible material for the skirt and glued it to the tube section I have previously cut.

Then I snapped this whole assembly over the upper portion of the case feed tube on the case feeder. It proved to be too weak to hold on its own so I spot glued. Each end of the skirt tube I had created with a toothpick just enough to hold it in place so I could reverse the procedure if I didn't find that it functioned as planned.

An actual use the skirt material was too long and I had to shorten it by half to keep it from being a problem in itself but after that Iran 50 rounds a 38 specials and everything seems to be working well. I've included pics and may have to post the secondary supposed to get all of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Breech Lock Pro Universal Case Feeder Mod

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

More pics. . FYI the material I used was the type of cabinet liner you might use in an RV to keep your dishes from sliding around it's perforated and I believe some type of foam base
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Breech Lock Pro Universal Case Feeder Mod

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice fix!
Michael

Return to “Progressive”