Decisions decisions!

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Decisions decisions!

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

Okay I have the breech lock Pro. With the bushings I can pop all the dyes out except for the decapping die and drop a empty breech lock bushing to hold the indexing rod. This is what I'm doing on mixed brass before cleaning. And then run the brass through my conditioning system to uniform the pockets and get rid of any military crimp. I am priming on press because I have no problems with the Lee safety Prime.

All that said I do not cast bullets and so I'm trying to find a reason to buy secondary press. Just not sure if a single stage is going to make the process any better. I know I could swage the primer Pockets instead of cleaning them and uniforming them but that would be about it as far as the benefits I would think. If anyone out there buys lead bullets that are coated do those still need to be sized or have they already been sized?

Open to all comments take me to school.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Decisions decisions!

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I've bought from coated from both Acme and Missouri and did not have to size either of them. I did resize some from Missouri for the 38-55 as it turns out it preferred a smaller bullet. The bullets I get from Acme for the 45 Colt, 45-70 and the 38-55 have shot great as delivered planning on trying some in the 450 Bushmaster next.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by klr »

I would assume that any commercial coated bullet will be sized and ready to load. It defeats the purpose of buying bullets if the purchaser still has to do some work to get them ready. My brother bought a box of commercial powder coated bullets for me to load for his 45-70 and they were sized and ready to go.

As to another press - at some point in the future you'll have a need for a heavy duty single stage press if you keep reloading.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

klr wrote:As to another press - at some point in the future you'll have a need for a heavy duty single stage press if you keep reloading.

+1 with out a doubt!!!
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “Progressive”