Shooters World Powder

Open forum for handguns.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Shooters World Powder

Post by killian6pk »

Thought I would put this question out there. Does anyone use Shooters World Powder. I was at Sportsman's Warehouse last Sunday basically killing time. They have reloading supplies (of course stock is way down). I was talking to a guy who was looking at powder and he told me he mostly buys Shooters World and I did not know much about that brand. So thought I would find out what you guys think.

Loading 9, 45acp and maybe 38 special. If you use their powder what would you suggest as a good all purpose powder I could use in those calibers?
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Shooters World Powder

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

+corn

I've never heard of it, but the there is a list of powders at load data some of which I'm not familiar with either.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by mr surveyor »

Shooter's Choice?

jd

edit to add: Just looked it up .... yep, Shooter's World Powder!
Never used it as I still have some small supply of my favorites, and at least they're still on the shelf at my LGS. But, if things get nastier and SW is what's on the shelf, I'll certainly give it a whirl.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AlaskanGuy »

i wonder if they ship?
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

AlaskanGuy wrote:i wonder if they ship?
On their site I didn't find any way to order canister powder, but they do list several of the usual suspects as dealers, Midway, Mid-South, Graph and Sons and Natchez being the ones I remember.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by killian6pk »

It appears to me from the Powder Valley website that it is an imported powder from Czechoslovakia from a company called Explosia (great name for a powder company). That company's website says it has been in business since 1920. I looked at a couple of types for .223, Shooters World AR Plus D073-04 which on Powder Valley is $19.89 for 1# and $149.50 for 8#. That powder is in stock in both sizes. The description goes on:
This propellant (AR Plus) is a bulk form of Lovex D073.4 reloading propellant. It is similar in burn speed to Accurate® 2230. The propellant gas generation rate is appropriate for cartridges of the light to moderate sectional density .223 Remington and .308 Winchester cartridges. It costs slightly more to run this propellant in the above cartridges than D073-01 (Tactical Rifle). The D073-01 is out of stock at Powder Valley.

At least that gives some info on this brand. Just was interested if anyone has experience with it.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by killian6pk »

AlaskanGuy wrote:i wonder if they ship?
See my info on Powder Valley. They ship and very fast. I think they ship with UPS. So if UPS can get their dog team there then you are ok. :lol: Sorry just being a smart ass.
Longcarbine

Post by Longcarbine »

I use Shooters World "Blackout" for 22 Hornet, burns clean and I'm getting good accuracy. The price is definitely a plus, $19.89 a lb at Powder Valley.
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath,But when I do so do the neighbors"

Return to “Handgun Discussions”