Auto Breech Lock Pro OAL varies a lot

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
James Hensler
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Auto Breech Lock Pro OAL varies a lot

Post by James Hensler »

I really like the press but it is the same with my 45 loads. Zero 185 JHP’s and Brazos 160 SWC’s! Here is what I have started doing I will probably catch some flack but I need to make some for upcoming matches!
This is as of tonight

Station 1. RCBS M Expanding Die but in my Turret Press
Station 1. On the Breech lock empty
Station 2. Hornady bullet feeder
Station 3. Lee seating die
Station 4. FCD
I am using my old perfect powder measure to charge the cases separately

I run 50 through the press and like clockwork they are .010 too long then I open the gate on station 3 and 1 at a time I run them through again! This process make the finished product within 1.199 to 1.202 checking everyone of the 100 I have made so far
Guinearun

Post by Guinearun »

Macd has a point. My BLP has been totally disassembled modified and cleaned, as I discussed in another post. The lee technician seemed genuinely interested more in that I solved my 9mm creep problem ,than variance problems I was also having. It could have been a piece of trash left over from manufacturing causing my variance.
My machine is a pleasure to run now. Listening to most on here there is a give n take in every progressive. I was very close to sending my BLP back . Don’t give up.
James Hensler

Post by James Hensler »

I only have 2 issues! The feed ramp is made out of a too soft of a plastic and the flexing shell plate! Lee responded to my email and they are aware of both issues. They at this point can only come up with loading the shell plate then adjusting the seating die and then only the last couple will be short. They seemed to think that they are revising the plastic feed ramp
kmw1954

Post by kmw1954 »

If they would upgrade the carrier to the all metal design of the Pro1000 to me that would be a 100% improvement.
Guinearun

Post by Guinearun »

I have tried preload, and every round would have .010 variance using powder coated 120g. I only got them down to .005 by making adjustment to all my dies slowly measuring each round.

Return to “Progressive”