A new member from Kansas

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Yosemite Sam
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

A new member from Kansas

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Greetings to the board!

I'm a fairly new hand loader, and am teaching myself via several classic lee loaders. I'm in the clergy and a member of a religious community, and the simplicity and affordability of the lee loaders makes reloading very feasible.

I've been reloading for a 30-06 and a 22-250, but will eventually break open the kits for the 357/38 and the 7.62x54r. I'm partial to Savage bolt guns as I'm a lefty, and I love a good wheel gun. Lever guns catch my eye, too. I'm partial to the calibers that get labels like "old school," or workhorse etc.

A 300 Savage recently came into the picture, and it's only a matter of time.

I'm interested in anything outdoors, subject to the limits of middle age and an ample waistline. I love hunting and flyfishng in particular, but anything rod or gun is great. My ideal vacation normally involves a campfire. My other interests are U.S. history (I teach at a small college and am working on a graduate degree), and college football.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: A new member from Kansas

Post by larryw »

Welcome Sam, great place, great folks, crazy knowledge & experience.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Sam! It sounds like an interesting number of cartridges. I'm a fan of the 300 Savage. I have Savage 99 and a Remington 722 chambered in the cartridge. There is a Savage 45 on GunBroker that is making me crazy, but I've slowed down the gun buying as I'm slowing down.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Welcome from SW Ohio you'll find any number of lever gun enthusiast here as well as the Lee gang.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome from Arkansas .

I used to be a lefty also it's still dominate but the vision isn't what it once was .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
No Slack

Post by No Slack »

Hi Sam, welcome from another new guy. The 300 Savage is a wonderful cartridge. I have a 1952 Savage 99 300 Savage wearing a vintage Weaver K4. You can't go wrong with the Lee Loader. I find it relaxing sitting down with my wife and spending the evening knocking out some ammo. She has really come to like reloading also. God gave me the greatest wife. She has her Grandfather,s then father's & now her Savage 99 300 Savage.Anyhow welcome to the club and please pray for our country. Tomorrow is a National day of prayer I am sure you know this though.
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

No Slack wrote:Hi Sam, welcome from another new guy. The 300 Savage is a wonderful cartridge. I have a 1952 Savage 99 300 Savage wearing a vintage Weaver K4. You can't go wrong with the Lee Loader. I find it relaxing sitting down with my wife and spending the evening knocking out some ammo. She has really come to like reloading also. God gave me the greatest wife. She has her Grandfather,s then father's & now her Savage 99 300 Savage.Anyhow welcome to the club and please pray for our country. Tomorrow is a National day of prayer I am sure you know this though.
Thanks, No Slack.

I will certainly pray.

Return to “Member Introductions”