Lee Junk ~ NOT!

Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Junk ~ NOT!

Post by Macd »

mikld wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:I think these posts were all tongue in cheek. Mine was.
Geeze! I hope so! Someone posting "Lee is junk" on a dedicated Lee site either has cojones as big as bowling balls or is joking (I was)... :lol:
Perhaps adding "(NOT)" to the end of the title will make it less sensational :) :D
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I think all here know it was tongue in cheek. Macd, makes a point as this will eventually end up as a result of a Google search so maybe the "not" is due Lee.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:I think all here know it was tongue in cheek. Macd, makes a point as this will eventually end up as a result of a Google search so maybe the "not" is due Lee.
Done!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Yeah a plastic wear part left mostly dry by me with 10-12K cycles breaking doesn't make me mad.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
bayou
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by bayou »

Talking about handles on hand primers, not a Lee product, but the handle on my RCBS Posi-Prime broke the other day. After about 25 years of service....:(
bayou
NRA Life Member
LeeJames42
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by LeeJames42 »

You hear the old saw "Lee is junk" all the time and usually by people who have never used Lee tools very much. I started out my reloading career (in the late 50's and early 60) using Lee because at the time it was all I could afford. I now use Lee items because I like them for the purpose I bought them. I do use other brands but still buy Lee for certain tasks. Anyone who tell me all Lee is junk just told me he is either inexperienced or just plain blowing hot air about what he does not know anything about. nuff said, james
Pistolero

Post by Pistolero »

And you didn't have a spare! Shame on you.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Obviously I don't have a problem with Lee ......if I did I wouldn't be here .....

I tell folks all the time "Lee makes a tool to do a job and it does it " yes there's a "but" however , when it's the only tool available , 2/3 of the cost of the others available or less , and the designs work as well as much more expensive versions I can more than live with whatever finish issues there may be .
Yes it's true I've replaced a handful of dies with "better" tools but it was because the price was right .

Presses ? Well I grew up on Pacific , MEC , RCBS and Lyman as a result I have a feel and positive stop and that's on me . I've had 4-5 Lee metallic presses and 2-3 load all's . It's just me .

Moulds ?
I can't kick . If not for Lee I wouldn't have the casting gear I have today . That cheap little 2 holer that lead to another and another and into 6 holers was what it took because I just couldn't justify the cost of a single Lyman or double RCBS . Lots of calibers and weights that Lee doesn't have but the production in pistols outweighs that especially when the 401-175 TLTC shoots just as well as an LBT 403-175 and RCBS 40-175 RNFPs . I haven't found a 158 that comes close to Lee's for 38/357 . The 358-200 is as good as any other I've run in a 358 Win . I've also taken in a number of unloved Lee moulds the "won't cast for beans" given them a bath , knocked a few burrs off , and cleaned up the smears and they ran fine for me . Many were passed along with detailed information about that moulds whimseys and how to be happy .
I'd buy others if they were close in price , I have moulds from like 9 makers , a couple of which are regarded as the cream of the cream but I'm keeping the Lee's that fit the bill I'm paying because they work .

I'm seeing more and more fewer complaints about Lee tools than in the past and more people standing by them . I do too .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Off Press Priming”