donhuff's reloading hut

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: donhuff's reloading hut

Post by Maximumbob54 »

That's outstanding!!! And it definitely dwarfs anything I ever launched. You can just make out the blue or at least the lack of the orange in the exhaust. And that is a heck of a camera and trigger finger on the button by the way!!!
donhuff
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by donhuff »

It was taken by a professional photographer. She goes to most all the big launches and takes thousands of pictures of rockets going up for the whole week. I bought this one Oct 2012 and just got it a few weeks ago.She's slow at shipping.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Nice been many years since i played with rockets i got into trouble when i learned to make flash powder with a delayed det. Fuse in the front nose. Police didnt agree with the direction I went with hobby they confiscated all my stuff i was 13.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

donhuff wrote:Hey Maxbob,

here is a picture, of a picture, from Airfest in Kansas 2012. This is one of my level 3 rockets, 50+ pounds @ liftoff with a motor that was maybe about 40% of what the rocket will handle. This was a 3 grain motor with Blue propellant. The blue comes from adding coppe oxide @.75% to the propellant mix. The pic kinda washed out the blue which was almost lazer like, in person. It went to a little over 9000 feet on this small motor.
Very nice. I fly RC planes so I can understand the fun you have creating your rockets.
I have found my guns and reloading equipment last a lot longer than the airplanes.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

I homebrewed beer for about 15 years ..... guns last longer than good beer too :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by Zippidydoodah »

The taste of good beer is better on a hot day than that best round you reloaded though.

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”