What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by daboone »

Lets add any color of cat in the neighborhood to the list. Used to be just black cats but I've learned my neighbor's cat isn't always the culprit. Also in my case the dog is insisting on a walk, but that really isn't frustrating just necessary as he is old and as cranky as me when requiring bathroom breaks. I'm loading up some more 38spl today just because I'm have one of those days requiring more bathroom breaks than the bossy ornery ugly dog.

OK that is TMI :oops:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

45 colt. TL 230-452-2r WW with added tin. Bullets were cast several years back. I have been using plated bullets but decided to use up all the old stuff this time. Starline brass. Maximum load of Trail Boss and a nice firm crimp. Will shoot in a Uberti 1875 Remington clone with the 7 inch barrel. That is the one in my avatar. Had to stop once to clean the LLA residue on the seating plug. Based on previous chronograph data I expect about 800 FPS.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

I tumble lube every cast bullet (including commercially cast/lube bullets) with my mix of LLA and mineral spirits. BUT, after they are dried and ready to load, the LLA gets completely wiped off the bullet nose. I've had no problems (or very little) with LLA build-up on the seater plug. Actually, I did before I learned it's better to wipe off the bullet nose before seating. Just my personal, limited, experience.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Started working my way through about 200 357Sig cases. They were purchased as once fired and had been cleaned but no other work. After all the rifle work over the summer it takes a while to get the rythem with the little pistol cases.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I was gifted a couple small flat rate boxes of 9mm brass. No idea how many were in there but while running them thru the Load Master with a universal depriming die the spent primers filled the ram long before I was finished with them. Ram all of a sudden wouldn't raise to the top, then I noticed spent primers about the press... :oops: Emptied the ram ( a bit of a pain, will have to do something there) and continued on unabated till finished with the rest. Whole process took a couple hours. Next will be wet tumbling then uniform the primer pockets and ready to load. Just happen to have a bit over a thousand 9mm bullets just waiting. Still have a couple hundred of 30'06 pieces I need to trim then they'll get the pockets uniformed and flash hole deburred. Not sure if I'll turn the necks or just call it good and put them up for later. Next.... :?:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:I was gifted a couple small flat rate boxes of 9mm brass... Next will be wet tumbling then uniform the primer pockets and ready to load. Just happen to have a bit over a thousand 9mm bullets just waiting.
Sounds like it will keep you busy and out of trouble!
Michael
Ben Nelson
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Ben Nelson »

26 January -- 200 rounds of Berry's 124gr HP pushed by CFE Pistol on a LCT . . . 600 rounds this week.
Sons of the American Revolution . . . We're still here.
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter

Post by orerancher »

Pulled out the 14" 7-30 Waters Contender Barrel...

Loaded the Lee 285-130-R over 5744...shot into 3" at 50yds, with Factory Sights and Old Eyes...
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Got my sorry butt in motion and put 100 45 Colts up for when the spring arrives. Starline brass, CCI300, 230 grain Berry's (.452) plated, 5.9 grains of Trail Boss (1.36 autodisk), 1.590 C.O.L and a medium crimp.
45 Colt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Macd on 30 Jan 2019 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Today it was getting started on rebuilding my stock of 9mm to get ready for the IPSC season. Trying a new powder for me and the Berry's 124 HP's. Accurate #7, 6.6 grains (.43 Autodisk), CCI500, 1.060 C.O.L and just enough crimp to take out flare. Only 100 rounds to start as shoulder was starting to act up.

Return to “Handgun Reloading”