Ranch Dog TLC311-165RF Load Data Questions

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Rooster59
My Press Choice: Turret

Ranch Dog TLC311-165RF Load Data Questions

Post by Rooster59 »

My part of central Missouri is looking up in the weather department so next Saturday looks like my first casting day with my new 10lb Lee pot. I was just looking over the load data and pressure information for the TLC311-165RF and am a little confused by the nomenclature for the three different load data pages.

They are labeled Glenfield 30GT, 336BL, and 336A. The model that most closely resembles my 1984 vintage 336TS is the 30GT. It is probably a moot point as I plan to start 10% below the max load listed and work up from there. Also, the rifle description at the bottom right of the 336A page lists a 35 Rem with 20" barrel instead of what I believe a 336A is, a 30-30 with a 24" barrel most likely. Since the 336A page shows top velocity with IMR3031 as 2321 versus the 30GT velocity of 2197 is my assumption of the 24" 336A barrel correct?

I know what RD's lead mix is for his bullets out of the 30GT but just curious what others have used for their version and what powders/results they are seeing.

Thanks for any insight from the real world you can offer.

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Ranch Dog TLC311-165RF Load Data Questions

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rooster59 wrote:My part of central Missouri is looking up in the weather department so next Saturday looks like my first casting day with my new 10lb Lee pot. I was just looking over the load data and pressure information for the TLC311-165RF and am a little confused by the nomenclature for the three different load data pages.

They are labeled Glenfield 30GT, 336BL, and 336A. The model that most closely resembles my 1984 vintage 336TS is the 30GT. It is probably a moot point as I plan to start 10% below the max load listed and work up from there. Also, the rifle description at the bottom right of the 336A page lists a 35 Rem with 20" barrel instead of what I believe a 336A is, a 30-30 with a 24" barrel most likely. Since the 336A page shows top velocity with IMR3031 as 2321 versus the 30GT velocity of 2197 is my assumption of the 24" 336A barrel correct?

I know what RD's lead mix is for his bullets out of the 30GT but just curious what others have used for their version and what powders/results they are seeing.

Thanks for any insight from the real world you can offer.

Jeff
It is a bit confusing Jeff and I will soon reduce the data to a single page for one rifle. The difference you see in velocities (and charges) is related to bullet sizing used (which I did not note). I've noticed a couple of other corrections needed as well and will get to work on it soon.
Michael

Return to “Rifle Reloading”