Lee Pro 1000

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
dpe.ahoy
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee Pro 1000

Post by dpe.ahoy »

I owned one of these 20 years ago. Had it set up for 357 mag, and never changed it. It worked OK, but would get jammed up if I didn't follow thru the stroke as I should. Have considered getting another one, but not sure if they work as well as the other progressives available now. Open for suggestions or discussion on Lee's products available now. DP
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lee Pro 1000

Post by joec »

dpe.ahoy wrote:I owned one of these 20 years ago. Had it set up for 357 mag, and never changed it. It worked OK, but would get jammed up if I didn't follow thru the stroke as I should. Have considered getting another one, but not sure if they work as well as the other progressives available now. Open for suggestions or discussion on Lee's products available now. DP
I started with two used ones set up for 9mm and 45 Colt. I found they worked well once I watched Cowboy T's videos but and about a 1000 rounds of both I sold them and went with my current setup of the Lee Classic Turret and Classic Cast presses. Never had a problem unless I screwed up but just a bit to busy for me and much prefer doing one bullet at a time or doing batches with one step at a time.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have a rancher friend that just bought his second Pro 1000 and hasn't had issues with them. About three months ago, he did call me one day with a question but I couldn't help him in that I had never worked with one. Unfortunately, I do not even remember what his issue was. Later I asked him how it was going and he said he had called Lee and that the lady put Mr. Lee on phone and he addressed the issue personally completely. That set real well with the fellow and he was happy as a fellow could be. Mr. Lee probably doesn't even know that he made a friend for life by taking that call, a friend that owns some of the best hunting country South Texas can offer.

This fellow is the type that would sit down and read through the instructions over a cup of coffee and then work right through the setup. If he had an issue, he would just sit there and stare at it while sipping that coffee, and then fix it after a little thought. I'm saying this because I don't think it could possibly throw anything out that was unsolvable.

If they are like my three Load Masters, a totally solid, fixed bench will resolve 90% of the issues others experience. The presses need to be LOCKED down.
Michael
gregg.carlen

Post by gregg.carlen »

This a great story about Mr Lee and customer service.

I just bought a used Lee Pro 1000 on eBay, after using a single stage for awhile. Anyone have tips to setting up the pro 1000?
michman

Post by michman »

Look up Cowboy T videos on YouTube, I believe I noticed one the other day on YouTube, because I have a Pro 1000 new that supposed to be in for pickup at Cabelas next week.

Return to “Progressive”