Fan of Lee Case Length Trimmers

Case Length Gauge/Holder, Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer, and Zip Trim. Includes Length Gauge ball & stud.
Dan 444
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Fan of Lee Case Length Trimmers

Post by Dan 444 »

Dan 444 wrote:
daboone wrote:I know lee has new a trimmer product but I a big fan of the Case Length Trimmers. I certain I'm not the only one here who likes them. Here's my setup:

That is the way that I use the Lee trimmers on a RCBS trim station, as well. I have Lee case length trimmers, including custom-ordered, for all of the cartidges that I load...219Zipper, 30-30, 32 WS, 35Rem, 356Win, 38-55, 375Win, 444 Marlin, 45-70 Govt..

Dan
When I start working with a new-to-me caliber, I usually procure 500 new cases (a 500 ct box of the same lot #) to do my reloading. For my higher quantity usage calibers (444), I bought 1500 cases (3 boxes of 500 with the same lot #) With the recent year's shortage of ammo and reloading components, it's sometimes difficult to find brass in large same-lot quantities.

I reload and shoot through the entire quantity of the the lot of brass before I do any case preparation for the next full-lot cycle. When it comes to case prep, that means a bunch of brass need to be processed. This is where the above set-up really helps. Once I shoot through all of the brass from the previous lot process, I de-prime, tumble the brass and seal in zip lock gallon bags. Then, when I decide to load 50 or 100, I run the brass through the "RCBS-Lee" set-up, above, tumble and load.

Dan

Return to “Case Trimming”