3D Printed Collator Adapter for 9mm Luger

Reloading widgets!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

3D Printed Collator Adapter for 9mm Luger

Post by Ranch Dog »

One of the problems with using the Collator to fill the case feeder tubes is that with the 32 Auto, 380 Auto, and 9mm Luger; cases sometimes fall mouth first into the tube gumming up the works. After looking at some YouTube videos several years ago, I cut an adapter out of plastic container's lid that worked fairly well, but it did take a bit of fitting to get the holes the right size. I used the mouths of different sized cartridges to cut the holes. The plastic then must be secured to the collator with a screw.

I needed another, so I wondered if anyone had drawn one for a 3D printer. Sure enough, I found the Lee Loadmaster 9mm case collator modification. I don't have a 3D printer, so I used a printing service(Print A Thing) to print the item. I had two printed and received them in six days. The total cost of the order was $18.50 which include 6.50 for shipping, so $6/ea. You can make some selections with the printing, I used a high resolution to get a very smooth finish, and that added a little to the cost.

Fit like a glove!

Filled both my 32 Auto and 9mm Luger tubes, not one upside down case!
Michael
deadEyeDick45
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: 3D Printed Collator Adapter for 9mm Luger

Post by deadEyeDick45 »

Excellent mod, might have to do the same to mine. Presently I use a center drilled penny held in place with a screw.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: 3D Printed Collator Adapter for 9mm Luger

Post by akuser47 »

Cool, I may find a use some other use for parts To be printed. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “3D Printing Projects”