LEE case feeder .44-40

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

LEE case feeder .44-40

Post by Fyodor »

Hi guys,

as I did set up my pro1000 to load .44-40 a few days ago, everything went smooth and worked well easily, as usual.

Except for the case feeding.

The case rim has exactly the same size as the case feeder tubes. Where the tubes are stuck into the collator and the multitube adaptor and on random places in between, the cases would bind and stop. So I actually had to feed cases manually one by one.

Are the tubes on my press deformed, or has anyone else experienced the same problems?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: LEE case feeder .44-40

Post by daboone »

Never use the case feeder of 44/40 so I'm no help. In fact I sold it with my LM. The only thing I KNOW from my history of loading 44/40 is I hand glide each and every case into the dies. As you well know the mouth's of the 44/40 cases are very thin/fragile. So as said I'm don't have an answer but I would be afraid, very afraid, of doing it that way. ;) :lol: :twisted:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Fyodor
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: LEE case feeder .44-40

Post by Fyodor »

At first I was a bit concerned about that, too. But after the first hundred rounds, I relaxed. I learned that if I don't pull the lever too fast, the cases won't be harmed, even if they get caught on the die mouth. Which in fact only happened a few times during my session of 400 rounds.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Progressive”