Admitting that I cannot make my Load Master work

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Deleted User 1445

Re: Admitting that I cannot make my Load Master work

Post by Deleted User 1445 »

So EVERYONE has a sizing die in Station #2 (apparently not) or has spent $$$ for custom parts, and everyone has Lee's absolute latest priming parts. Then what are the problems? (Now don't all tens of thousands of you reply now..., just some of you.)
No, Sizing in station 2 gets rid of the alignment of the case to the primer issues -- upsidedown & sideways primers need to be addressed in the Primer Parts. Saying you'd rather have all those custom parts in there to do the job of a simple sizing die in Station #2 is your discretion -- after all this is a hobby -- it's supposed to be fun!

Sanity Check: Lee's Latest Primer Parts: Large Primer == Red Plastic; Small Primer: primer tray arm == black, primer actuating arm is gray. The pesky little part inside the primer channel has been re-designed -- that slim, rounded sliver of plastic that gets bent is now gone -- I toasted two of them myself.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

tkarl wrote:So EVERYONE has a sizing die in Station #2 (apparently not) or has spent $$$ for custom parts, and everyone has Lee's absolute latest priming parts. Then what are the problems? (Now don't all tens of thousands of you reply now..., just some of you.)
No, Sizing in station 2 gets rid of the alignment of the case to the primer issues -- upsidedown & sideways primers need to be addressed in the Primer Parts. Saying you'd rather have all those custom parts in there to do the job of a simple sizing die in Station #2 is your discretion -- after all this is a hobby -- it's supposed to be fun!

Sanity Check: Lee's Latest Primer Parts: Large Primer == Red Plastic; Small Primer: primer tray arm == black, primer actuating arm is gray. The pesky little part inside the primer channel has been re-designed -- that slim, rounded sliver of plastic that gets bent is now gone -- I toasted two of them myself.

Evidently you have found the secret and solved the problem to the Load Master priming issues. Who would have thought it was such a simple solution. And, after all these years with sooo many trying to find it. There is even a web site devoted to the LM press with many, many, solutions, and modifications to try to "fix" the priming issues so many thousands of people have with this press. You should go there right away and tell them of your discovery...I'm sure they will appreciate your insight and applaud your efforts... I now know I need to go back in my reloading room and retry the sizing die in station two that I've tried dozens of times before but I must have screwed it in upside down or backwards or something the many times and many presses I tried it with....to no avail...this is fun isn't it.... +corn
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

daboone wrote:Sorry I couldn't resist: Image

Without the priming system it was a beautiful press.
My thought exactly. I really enjoy using my Loadmaster with already primed brass. I think it is a great tool.
Deleted User 1445

Post by Deleted User 1445 »

Horseman wrote:
tkarl wrote:So EVERYONE has a sizing die in Station #2 (apparently not) or has spent $$$ for custom parts, and everyone has Lee's absolute latest priming parts. Then what are the problems? (Now don't all tens of thousands of you reply now..., just some of you.)

Evidently you have found the secret and solved the problem to the Load Master priming issues. Who would have thought it was such a simple solution. And, after all these years with sooo many trying to find it. There is even a web site devoted to the LM press with many, many, solutions, and modifications to try to "fix" the priming issues so many thousands of people have with this press. You should go there right away and tell them of your discovery...I'm sure they will appreciate your insight and applaud your efforts... I now know I need to go back in my reloading room and retry the sizing die in station two that I've tried dozens of times before but I must have screwed it in upside down or backwards or something the many times and many presses I tried it with....to no avail...this is fun isn't it.... +corn
Hey I loved that beating-a-dead-horse-smiley! No, I don't pretend to have all the answers; I'm the New Guy. What I did notice, was that Mike of Magic Mike has a video, where he proudly proclaims (and shows) that he can load 50 primers on a LM without a hitch -- WITH all his custom parts! Is that a feat for you guys? Oh, then he pans the camera up to show ... (drum roll) ... NOTHING in Stage #2. I can, and have, done way more than that on my new press with older priming parts. Now I have the latest priming system the Lee has. I cannot explain away the problems you have, I can only humbly offer my own meager experience.

I'm noticing that no matter what is said here, some folks are continuing to bash the LM. Is that what this board is for? When I joined, I hoped it would be a supportive place to share. Perhaps I was wrong. Good luck to you all. Oh, and you can take your attempts at intimidating rhetoric and put them where the sun will not shine. AFAIC, you can all buy Dillons, Lock-N-Loads, etc. I'm done with this thread.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

I think you misunderstood.

Nobody said the sizer in #2 won't help. In fact is was repeatedly told that it did help in some occations, but it didn't in others. The sizer in #2 is a usefull hint, but it is not the solution to all problems.

Nothing else was tried to tell you. Only you insist in it being that.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Please, make it stop.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Please, make it stop.
Thank you. I did!
Michael

Return to “Progressive”