Has anyone modified the bullet Shute on the Lee Pro

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
nagantino
My Press Choice: Progressive

Has anyone modified the bullet Shute on the Lee Pro

Post by nagantino »

Over the years I have tried modifying the Shute for the finished round on a Lee Pro 1000? I've never had much success. The closest I've come was to double-sided cello tape a crude plastic ramp to the aluminium Shute. No solution ever lasted. You can find many modifications to the Pro 1000 but none that I have seen for letting the finished round fall in a directed way. The LM was good for this but has anyone put their skills to this problem on the PK?
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: Has anyone modified the bullet Shute on the Lee Pro

Post by Fyodor »

I've tried aomething:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=626

It helps quite a lot, most rounds go down the chute, and none stays halfway up to be crushed on the next stroke.

If you're interested, I still got some of this blue foil left. I got if for free as a sample on a trade fair. PM me your address, and I'll send you a set to try.

When applying, clean the aluminium parts with acetone or similar stuff, and press the stickers on firmly.

What I still need help with is rounds stumbling backwards onto the shellplate instead of down the chute... any ideas to prevent that?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
nagantino

Post by nagantino »

Fyodor, thank you for the kind offer, I will check out the supplier for availability. I think I didn't explain myself properly. Look at the photos. The ramp or chute is fine but too short for me. I took a green in and cut it as you can see. It sort of works. The extension to the ramp in the second photo was made by me but it's flimsy. It's held on by my fingers for the photo but was held on with double sided tape. It sort of works. A screw anywhere on the ramp would hamper the fall of the finished round. I'm sure I'm not the only reloader who ponders this.
Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

J.B. Weld and then the stuff Fyodor suggested.
Je suis Charlie
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

nagantino wrote: Any ideas?
Actually, yes. I got an UltraMount from InlineFabrication with quick change top plates. For my pro1000 they did send a piece of sheet metal (about 2mm thick) with a little 90° tab on one edge. That is clamped unter the left fixing screw of the press, and accepts a small acro bin. The finished rounds fall into that bin all of the time, without cutting any pieces off of it.

Unfortunately I can't find a picture of that on their website. But I'll be in my loading room tomorrow, and will take a picture of it. If you want to make something like that by yourself, I can also take the dimensions and mail a drawing to you.

You'd have to change the bin more often, because it's a small one, but as you found out by yourself, the larger version won't fit properly under the press. With the optinal bin barriers they still hold about a hundret rounds of .38spl.

EDIT:
I found a picture:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0235/ ... 1447394081
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Pleace see the attached pictures... I didn't take the dimensions. If you are interested in making your own version, I could do that and send you a drawing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Progressive”