What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by daboone »

I helped 3 grandson build Pinewood Derby cars. Each one of them is sure their car will win. I am certain we all did just by building the best cars each boy could imagine. +guns
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

daboone wrote:I helped 3 grandson build Pinewood Derby cars. Each one of them is sure their car will win. I am certain we all did just by building the best cars each boy could imagine. +guns
Where's the pictures?
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I still have all my winners somewhere....trophies too. Powdered graphite was my Dad's idea, the super-slick finish and ugly but effective shape I made along with the finish was mine. My Dad helped me get the axle alignment perfect too. This was when the wheels were narrow and held on nail axles in pre-routed grooves underneath of the rectangular block we started with.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

Got my NOE 360-180-WFN in the mail.
Bought a pound of LiL Gun for 24 bucks.
A box of primers for 34 bucks.
Gotta get some lead and gas checks.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Visited my CPA.

Uggghhhh
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Visited my CPA.

Uggghhhh
Durn, I've got that to do as well.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'll likely only have to go back once to sign. I'll mail his money later.
r1200r

Post by r1200r »

Just recieved a new 4lb Lee pot, C309-160 mold, and resizing die for my 30-30 today, now need to find some alloy.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Yesterday evening I had to repress all of the 450 rounds I made last week. The crimping has been a little bit weak in the past, so when I had a case that was just a hair shorter than the others, it sometimes telescoped in the lever rifle. So I set the crimp just a little tighter on my pro1000, but that sometimes deformed the cases. Even with the crimp barely catching. So I had to go with basically no crimp, and recrimp everything in a second turn on the classic turret. That's what I did yesterday, just crimping 450 rounds. With the 4-way case kicker that was done within an hour, but it's still annoying to have to do it. That wasn't necessary in the past.

I've disassembled the seat/crimp die to clean it, but there was nothing inside. Still, on the pro1000 it deformed the cases, but with the same seating and crimping setting worked perfectly on the classic turret.

Anybody has a suggestion, what could cause this strange behaviour of that die?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Here's an "older" thread that may be worth "updating" occasionally just to let others know what we've been up to. Especially ones like this one. Ah, the anticipation of receiving and opening those boxes of new equipment and supplies.... 8-)
jradisch wrote:Today I ordered the Lee Custom turret press kit and 9mm dies from Midway.I also got the depriming die and some ammo boxes. This will all go along with the pound of Bullseye and 1000 primers I bought at the local Bass Pro last night. Almost forgot, just ordered #500 9mm boolits from X-treme today. Hoping to start getting the bench set up next week when all this stuff arrives!

Me, the last couple days I've installed an Air Boss high flow plenum cover and AFS arc flow intake on my 5.9 cummins. Took about 4hrs. Have a 4in exhaust sitting on the porch to do next but it's a bit damp and chilly to be layin on the ground to do that. Next week sometime maybe. :)

Also installed an auto index setup I bought on e-bay to my old Hornady Apex 91 12 gauge press. Ran a box of 1oz, 700x loads through it to check it out. Works great.

Reset the dies for 357, 44mag, 45colt, and 9mm on the Loadmaster turrets using the "turret stabilizers" from Mikes Reloading Bench. Supposed to help maintain better OAL.

Loaded up 25 or so (what was left in the box) of 357mag with 14gr of 2400 under some 158gr JHP that I've had around here for several years. Not even sure where I got em'. Shot a couple through the wife's Rossi 92. :shock: I'll be buying some more of those, pretty impressed with the results.

Yesterday the UPS guy showed up with 1,000 125gr plated bullets from RMR....will have to check those out for performance here pretty soon. Have a couple thou 115 grainers already loaded and in the cupboard. I need to find someone close about to shoot with and burn some of this stuff up so I can reload them. +guns

Today's kinda open so far, but it's early yet.... :lol:

Return to “Handgun Reloading”