.22 Rimfire availability/cost vs. centerfire reloading

Open forum for rifles.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: .22 Rimfire availability/cost vs. centerfire reloading

Post by 62chevy »

I like how he says "If you choose to relocate the squirrel, ". I think dispatch that critter with a well place cat sneeze load.
Je suis Charlie
f100cleveland
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by f100cleveland »

I got caught up in the .22 pellet shot by a 209 primer thing so I drilled out a couple .22-250 cases and turned them in my lathe for the flange of the 209 primer to sit in. I put 4 little dimples in the bottom of the neck to keep the pellet from dropping into the case. I am using hollow point crosman pellets. At 20 ft it shoots 2 inches low and at 60 ft it is 3 inches low out of my Savage model 16. Took out 4 sparrow and a pine squirrel today. Hit the squirrel at 120ft with a solid wack and it dropped like a rock. Cheaper than a .22 and very quite. It is sooting up the barrel a little
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by DaveInGA »

62chevy wrote:I like how he says "If you choose to relocate the squirrel, ". I think dispatch that critter with a well place cat sneeze load.
I perceive if you catch and release, the little garden eaters will make their way back, breed more and be an even bigger pest. Better to zap them, clean em, eat em or feed them to the dog as a supplement. I wish I could remember how I used to convert their furry hides to glove liners years ago. Pretty comfy and better than the cat fur the chinese line their gloves with.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”