Comming Soon - APP Automatic Case Primer

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
rimrock
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Comming Soon - APP Automatic Case Primer

Post by rimrock »

I hand prime exclusively, but the APP videos have my interest for bullet sizing.
Tonerboy1
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Tonerboy1 »

Anyone who purchased the priming tool have any comments? I also hard passed on this tool. I have too many current tools that work good enough to invest in this. Also I have found my APP press sitting off to the side since it is so time consuming to adjust for the small batches I load and all the different calibers. I just have it set up for sizing my 9mm round noses. I have fallen back to using my single stage press for everything else ( even resizing other calibers and even other 9mm shapes/sizes). I have even been looking to buy another single stage press, because my current press is over 30 years old and it could use some parts replaced. It may be cost effective to just replace it. After my APP experience, new-fangled is not necessarily better, just interesting.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Yeah I would have likely bought the primer gizmo if it had been available at initial release. And I would likely regret it. I like the APP for LARGE batches of something but now that all my large batches are done, I may never use it again. Retirement is looming in the next 15-20 years so who knows? Then again, I probably will not retire.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Retirement is looming in the next 15-20 years, so who knows? Then again, I probably will not retire.
You might retire for a while and then get back with it.

I think of the APP like I do my Load-Masters; they are great when set up for a single cartridge. However, when you start LEGO'ing it, you spend too much time with the adjustments. If you are doing large runs, it's worth fiddling with them. If not, it's faster to do the work another way.
Michael

Return to “APP”