APP ~ Case Inserter Fail

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: APP ~ Case Inserter Fail

Post by GasGuzzler »

klr wrote:I didn't like how the feeder tube fit with the 9mm brass so I adapted a smaller one to take out any slop. Looks bad, but works good. Image
My APP doesn't have that clear part hanging out below the tube holder but I'm using the four-tube case feeder.

Here's mine

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by klr »

GasGuzzler wrote: My APP doesn't have that clear part hanging out below the tube holder but I'm using the four-tube case feeder.
That clear part is the tube. It goes all the way through the black mount. The case doesn't have much room to move in any direction before it drops down.

So, yes, it wouldn't work with the four tubes and collator. I don't have either of those for my APP.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

klr wrote:That clear part is the tube. It goes all the way through the black mount. The case doesn't have much room to move in any direction before it drops down.
I had to get my APP box down so I could find the little wrench so I looked at the four tubes of different diameter that came with my APP for single tube feeding. I found this one that suites 9X19 well and sits on a ridge in the cup without protruding out the bottom. You may check all your parts and make sure you got all the right stuff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by klr »

I have the correct tube that sits on the ridge in the black mount. I tried it and I like how my version feeds better.
Last edited by klr on 17 May 2020 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Perfect!

For those without this tool there are four different diameter tubes supplied. The 9X19 feeds pretty well through one of them that is barely larger ID than needed but that tube's base has a step to hold the tube that is ever so slightly too small for the case to go through. My picture is of the next one up is tubing size but since I never ran this combo since I have the four-tube, I don't know but guessing it's base may still be a little small.

Return to “APP”