Decapping with APP

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Decapping with APP

Post by GasGuzzler »

I am sizing and de-priming but it's the lean that's killing function.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, your feeder parts look wore out. Honestly, I never operate with the handle fully raised, as shown in your pictures. I only raise it enough to function. I don't resize with it, only case prep. Sizing and priming on the Turret or Load-Master happen when the cases are reloaded at a future date.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Handle raised for photo purposes. Just order the entire carriage thing? I load larger batches on an LCT and don't like the feeling of sizing during the process. I prime off press half the time too because I am no fan of the Lee system (although I do use it from time to time).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Handle raised for photo purposes.
Got it...
GasGuzzler wrote:Just order the entire carriage thing?
That's what I would do. I went ahead and bought a couple of assemblies to avoid any downtime. First one was free.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I just got around to ordering parts this morning due to Lee's website issues and my schedule. I ordered the carriage and the track it runs on for the price of shipping only. But before I submitted my order, I had an idea to check the X-Press shell holder I am using. It's a #2. Lee calls out the #12 for 7.62X39. I don't have a #12. I added it to the order but still do not know why I though the #2 would work properly. I kept the other press parts on the order anyway. With tax and shipping the total was less than $14 for it all.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great catch on the shell holder!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Well it kinda works better with a #12 (I wonder if they had more than the original 3-4 shell holder options when this press was shipped) shell holder but it's not great. What's the real bummer is the package for the shell holder clearly states "DO NOT USE FOR RESIZING". I know that's new as the APP was originally touted as a sizer, decapper, bulge buster, bullet sizer. I would not have bought it if it was not for resizing. Oh well...live and learn.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:What's the real bummer is the package for the shell holder clearly states, "DO NOT USE FOR RESIZING." I know that's new as the APP was originally touted as a sizer, decapper, bulge buster, bullet sizer. I would not have bought it if it was not for resizing. Oh well...live and learn.
When I first read about it, early on, I remember a similar statement. It might have been related to not sizing with the feeder and using a regular shell holder if sizing??? I think that might be why it has a regular shell holder adapter.

I love it for a processing press, but looking at the frame, it is not a sizing press by any measure.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I just ran 50 303 British cases through a decapper. I'm still don't like lego switch around as I grew up playing with Lincoln Logs. I will get used to it through. I kept looking for a case feeder as I thought I had used one. Then it dawned on me that the case rim won't allow it to pass through even the largest tube.

I had it set up for swagging pistol cases, not sure which. In that I load so many cartridges, I think I will "zero" it out as far as what option is on the press and the same with the slider and feeder. Easier to start from zero than take off what you were working on. Also leaving a few notes with my cartridge log about the setup.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Last night I ran 100 45 Colt through, using the large hole in the feeder bass and the largest tube. A bit fidly to get it adjusted but got the job done. I had 2 cases out of the lot that wouldn't fit the shell holder, no idea of the maker head stamp was just 45 Colt.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “APP”