Decapping with APP

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Decapping with APP

Post by horseman »

GasGuzzler wrote:So does it have a case feeder and collator with it or is that separate?

Also thought there was a better collator than the Lee one ... ?

As far as the breech-lock stuff goes since I use my dies in the LCT and the single stage as well, all I should get is a pair of bushings...oh wait, doesn't the APP come with one? Ugh - so coRnfused.
There is an after market collator that is better for rifle brass but good luck finding one anywhere. The DELUXE model APP press comes with a single tube case feeder (the universal 4 tube case feeder also works with it) and it does come with a locking type bushing with 3 of the "speedy" shell holders. So, if the swage kit comes with two lock bushings for the swage dies should be good to go. I think. An interesting tidbit, I ordered the swage kit for Midsouth on the 11th, just got off the phone with them and they say it will ship "sometime" this week :shock: ......and yes it was in stock it's just that they are very busy. He also said that the orders from the 11th and 12th of this month are starting to be filled today......WOW....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:Yes, the swag kit has the bushings on the bits that need them.
What O3W said.

The individually packed Universal Shell Holder Adapter (#91564) is no longer available. There might be some available from vendors, but I see that on Lee's site that product number has now been assigned to the 300 Ham'R Very Limited Pacesetter Die set.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

horseman wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:So does it have a case feeder and collator with it or is that separate?

Also thought there was a better collator than the Lee one ... ?

As far as the breech-lock stuff goes since I use my dies in the LCT and the single stage as well, all I should get is a pair of bushings...oh wait, doesn't the APP come with one? Ugh - so coRnfused.
There is an after market collator that is better for rifle brass but good luck finding one anywhere. The DELUXE model APP press comes with a single tube case feeder (the universal 4 tube case feeder also works with it) and it does come with a locking type bushing with 3 of the "speedy" shell holders. So, if the swage kit comes with two lock bushings for the swage dies should be good to go. I think. An interesting tidbit, I ordered the swage kit for Midsouth on the 11th, just got off the phone with them and they say it will ship "sometime" this week :shock: ......and yes it was in stock it's just that they are very busy. He also said that the orders from the 11th and 12th of this month are starting to be filled today......WOW....

I guess that means there's hope for mine sometime next week since it went in on the 15th. Do you know off hand who makes or made that better collator or who sold it? Thanks

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

American Accurate.....google foo will find you........none. :(
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

horseman wrote:An interesting tidbit, I ordered the swage kit for Midsouth on the 11th, just got off the phone with them and they say it will ship "sometime" this week :shock: ......and yes it was in stock it's just that they are very busy. He also said that the orders from the 11th and 12th of this month are starting to be filled today......WOW....
I ordered the swage kit from Midsouth on the 11th too...and a deluxe APP kit from Graf's on the 11th. Graf's states that they are currently processing orders from the 6th, so it will be a week before they ship.
On the positive side, you guys should have it figured out by the time I get mine. :lol:
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I ordered from Graf and Sons on 4-5. They shipped yesterday.

Today I am ordering the swage kit and enough bench mount parts for my LCC, LCT, APP, and LAM-II from Midsouth. Now that I have three presses plus the LAM, I have decided to take them all off the bench and use the modular Lee system...and get both my benches back.

Just added the 4-tube feeder and the collator to the order before hitting send.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I will get a couple of pictures of the Swagging kit and its components today. I want to show you guys at least one thing, simple, being you have kits inbound.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

horseman wrote:American Accurate.....google foo will find you........none. :(
Yep, I did that,couldn't really tell if they're even still in business. Even if I have to load the 4 tubes manually it works okay to get stuff done. Now to figure out why it drops 2 cases now and again.

Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I didn't buy the Lee collator because no one has it in stock except some rip off artists on eBay. I did buy the 4-tube set.

EDIT

Someone listed a few Lee collators on eBay for a reasonable shipped price and I have one coming. The seller has sold four in the last 24 hours.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:
horseman wrote:American Accurate.....google foo will find you........none. :(
Yep, I did that,couldn't really tell if they're even still in business. Even if I have to load the 4 tubes manually it works okay to get stuff done. Now to figure out why it drops 2 cases now and again.

I tried to contact American Accurate through Facebook, no response. No post in several years. Almost everything Lee has is patented, I wonder if something happened along those lines as AA just disappeared.
GasGuzzler wrote:ISomeone listed a few Lee collators on eBay for a reasonable shipped price and I have one coming. The seller has sold four in the last 24 hours.
Glad you found one. I'm sure the APP has increased the demand for the Collator. I've bought two in the last six months, the latest for the APP, through Titan. Both times they have listed them as "out of stock", but the order has shipped without delay. I think that if they need something, they go over and get it. FS Reloading was the same way until the business was sold and moved to Utah.

Michael

Return to “APP”