Decapping with APP

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Decapping with APP

Post by RBHarter »

Ohio
RP was sticky in the BlackHawk I had and refused to feed in 2 92s whether brass or nickle . To make it weird the BH and the 92' I tried it in would take feed fire and eject correctly no bugs actual Schofield brass wit it's larger rim . Though I had no issues in shell holders . The AP holders may be cut tight for the narrow rim .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:What's the real bummer is the package for the shell holder clearly states, "DO NOT USE FOR RESIZING." I know that's new as the APP was originally touted as a sizer, decapper, bulge buster, bullet sizer. I would not have bought it if it was not for resizing. Oh well...live and learn.
When I first read about it, early on, I remember a similar statement. It might have been related to not sizing with the feeder and using a regular shell holder if sizing??? I think that might be why it has a regular shell holder adapter.

I love it for a processing press, but looking at the frame, it is not a sizing press by any measure.
The nasty-gram was on the package for the shell holder that only works in the APP therefore Lee is now stating the APP is not for sizing. I know they said it was for sizing when it was introduced.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

New shell holder in the proper size made no difference. I fiddled around trying to make it run but then got out the new parts to see where the problem really was. I changed out the track the carrier rides on first (see pic above of the leaning carrier). The new one was of a slightly different design but I do not yet know the purpose of the design change. Still no different. Then I swapped out the carrier itself and all is back to normal. The wear and slop was in the carrier.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “APP”