App With Multi-Tube Feeder

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

App With Multi-Tube Feeder

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have a small and large Multi-Tube Feeder base in my Load-Master box, plenty of tubes, and an extra collator and tube harness. No problem fitting it to the APP. Makes it a speed demon! I just finished decapping a large lot of 45 Auto brass that has sitting around for 15 years.

I love this new press from Lee!
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: App With Multi-Tube Feeder

Post by horseman »

I did same a couple days ago. Think I posted that on your "all in" thread. I did get a few "hangups" on some of my 45 acp brass going out of the eject side of the shell holder but that was probably some "roughed up" case heads.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:I did same a couple days ago. Think I posted that on your "all in" thread. I did get a few "hangups" on some of my 45 acp brass going out of the eject side of the shell holder but that was probably some "roughed up" case heads.
I thought it might take a bit to change over from swagging to decapping, but it was quick. Maybe three or four minutes. I'm kind of run out... it would have been nice to have this years ago!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

As a note, I set up the Multi-Tube feeder base just off of contact with the connecting link crown nut. While adjusting the height of the base off of the case mouth, it ended up with a slight bump at the nut. The feed increased significantly with that "bump" as I didn't need to shake the collator after that.

Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:I thought it might take a bit to change over from swagging to decapping, but it was quick. Maybe three or four minutes. I'm kind of run out... it would have been nice to have this years ago!
Not to derail the thread but I'm a little confused on the swaging "kit". If that is what you received, is everything included in it to swage primer pockets for everything, by that I mean 223/556, 9mm, 45 acp, (which I've never ran into) and the 06,308? All I'm concerned with is 223/556 and 9mm.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:Not to derail the thread but I'm a little confused on the swaging "kit". If that is what you received, is everything included in it to swage primer pockets for everything, by that I mean 223/556, 9mm, 45 acp, (which I've never ran into) and the 06,308? All I'm concerned with is 223/556 and 9mm.
No problem!

https://leeprecision.com/app-primer-poc ... e-kit.html

The kit includes everything you need except the X-Press shell holder* for the cartridge you work with. Large and small primers, rifle or pistol , are the same diameter so the two sizes work for all.

The * above... when i bought the APP Deluxe, i bought the Universal Shellholder Adapter in that i have every one offered. Problem with that is that the feed system needs the X-Press holders or you have a single stage press. I'm sure you have this knowledge, having the press, but someone else might benefit from it.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Thanks Michael for the info. Now at least I know what I need.

Return to “APP”