I'm All In ~ App Press Deluxe

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
Clutch80
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: I'm All In ~ App Press Deluxe

Post by Clutch80 »

I just got the Deluxe Kit from Midsouth for $75.49. Ordered Thursday and received it today. Really looking forward to speeding up decapping/resizing operations.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I will look forward to hearing how the case sizing goes. I'm not doing that.
Michael
Tonerboy1
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Tonerboy1 »

I did get mine last Friday. I haven't had a chance to set it up, but did look it over and found my #4 Xpress shell holder is bad. It looks like the cutter may have broken during the machining process and the holder wasn't cut right. It wont fit into the machine. The groove is all wonky. I will have to call Lee, but want to wait until I actually get it set up to make sure everything else is OK.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Tonerboy1 wrote:I did get mine last Friday. I haven't had a chance to set it up, but did look it over and found my #4 Xpress shell holder is bad. It looks like the cutter may have broken during the machining process and the holder wasn't cut right. It wont fit into the machine. The groove is all wonky. I will have to call Lee, but want to wait until I actually get it set up to make sure everything else is OK.
Can you get a picture of that?
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Received one yesterday (3/12) set it up today. Interesting little press. Had some "confusion" with all the little plastic parts that came with it and even as simple as it turned out to be, Lee's instructions were little help, although they are very nicely done with all the pictures (that show little detail, may as well just look at the picture on the box) :lol: . But I do have to admit I'm not the best with instructions. I am assuming the two little tiny "extra" red things are for the bullet feeder(?) sizer setup, maybe, :? . I have no plans to use this for sizing bullets though. I did install the universal 4 tube system on it without to much difficulty :geek: but the press being so small it doesn't give you a lot of room to work in. I'm cleaning a bunch of 45acp brass right now and tomorrow will run them through the machine using a universal decapping die and see how that goes. If all goes well, and I have no reason to believe it won't, I may just get rid of my Load Master press as I really won't need it any longer. Brass prep was the main reason I bought the LM but I have used it quite a bit reloading 9mm and 45 acp but will change over to a different press for that also. I like the looks of this little press, very innovative and I think it will fit my needs nicely. :t
It sure doesn't take up much room.....
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Any body tried bullet sizing yet? I found a bunch of my 385 grain 40/65 bullets unsized and not lubed. So I pan lubed them today with homemade Emmerts. I've got a bench plate on the way so when it gets here I'm going to set up to size bullets. Wondering if anyone has tried it with the auto feed.

Be well, stay safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:Any body tried bullet sizing yet? I found a bunch of my 385 grain 40/65 bullets unsized and not lubed. So I pan lubed them today with homemade Emmerts. I've got a bench plate on the way so when it gets here I'm going to set up to size bullets. Wondering if anyone has tried it with the auto feed.
It will be interesting to see how they feed through the tube with the lube. I didn't have any trouble with the bullet feeders on the Load-Master as long as the bullets were dusted with mica. I bought an lb jug of it years ago; a little goes a long way. I also tried graphite as I use it with my no-till seeder. Mixed with the seeds, it prevents the seed meters from overheating. That was a mistake, it turns everything black, and it is almost impossible to remove.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Ohio3Wheels wrote:Any body tried bullet sizing yet? I found a bunch of my 385 grain 40/65 bullets unsized and not lubed. So I pan lubed them today with homemade Emmerts. I've got a bench plate on the way so when it gets here I'm going to set up to size bullets. Wondering if anyone has tried it with the auto feed.
It will be interesting to see how they feed through the tube with the lube. I didn't have any trouble with the bullet feeders on the Load-Master as long as the bullets were dusted with mica. I bought an lb jug of it years ago; a little goes a long way. I also tried graphite as I use it with my no-till seeder. Mixed with the seeds, it prevents the seed meters from overheating. That was a mistake, it turns everything black, and it is almost impossible to remove.
That may be a problem. You're right about mica, I bought a quart size can of it back in the early 70's and still have most of it last I looked. I figure it'll be a learning experience, as they say. Got the USPS notification that the bench plate should be here tomorrow. Thank goodness for on-line merchants and express mail.

Stay well, be safe and make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I thought about getting one since they were introduced. Well...someone on the Marlin forum had a new one for sale for $80.00 shipped so I guess I'm getting one.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Midway USA has App Presses back in stock.

Return to “APP”