APP quick review

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
lesharris2305
My Press Choice: Single Stage

APP quick review

Post by lesharris2305 »

I recently bought the APP press . A few days ago I tried it out by decapping about 500 cases. 270 winchester,25-06 , and 44 magnum. All run thru the standard LEE decap die. Really nice quick way to decap.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: APP quick review

Post by Ranch Dog »

I agree with how fast it is. I almost want one setup for each operation so all I have to change is the case slider.
Michael
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

About the APP press, I feel like I am missing something or don't understand its use correctly. I feel like it is not much different than a regular single stage press. I am not trying to be rude or negative, but to me it is a solution looking for a problem. Please explain it to me, what makes it different or special or worth buying if you already have a single stage (or more than one) press. I am interested in the positives and differences.

Thanks,

Johnny
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

It's a fully automated processing machine that is not at all relative to a single stage press.

Skip to the 4:00 minute mark on this video ---> [BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

Now then realize you can get a four-tube feeder with a collator on top. You can resize or decap hundreds of rounds per hour.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

That is really cool. I can see where adding tubes and a collator would get you moving. I would like to see how it sizes bullets. but I am told it is designed for new bullet sizers not the old ones I already have. No matter, that thing blazes as a de capper. Thank you for posting this. Very cool.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

It is very slightly faster for sizing bullets as bullets are heavier and generally take up less space. The APP sizes brass too.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Tonerboy1

Post by Tonerboy1 »

The positive side is it is good for large jobs, the negative is for small jobs or batches it takes too much tweaking when switching between calibers or operation types. It seems you just get it dialed in and running smooth for a job and your done. There is no "memory" to the feeder height assy which you have to adjust up/down for each bullet shape and/or case height(if you are sizing cases). The solution is to use it for one process and buy another APP press to set up for another process. Sizing cast bullets is all I use mine for now (It does a great job at this), all the other widgets I bought for it are sitting in a box. Even having said that, if I am only doing 50-100 bullets I will get out my old sizing set and push them through the single stage press. More than 100, I get out the APP.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

I also bought the APP, and the ACP presses just when they came out. Still didn't receive my mounting plates for the InlineFab mount. Bad delivery situation across the ocean, I guess...
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter

Post by farmerjim »

I have one. The primer feed tray chute was crushed at the bottom. Lee sent me a new one right away.
I use mine with the collator and it really speeds things up.
I do have a problem of about every 10'th primer is flipped upside down as it exits the feed chute. This really slows things down. Any suggestions ?

Return to “APP”