Seating problem with Lee Target Zero Error Loader

Something been on your mind that you have always wanted to ask and google is no help. Ask it here!
snaginn
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: Seating problem with Lee Target Zero Error Loader

Post by snaginn »

For those (undoubtedly very few) who may be interested in this problem I paste the advice of EDG on Castboolits:
"The neck of the sizer die is tapered. When the case neck is bored you get a constant diameter hole cut by the reamer even though the neck is now tapered on the outside.
When you knock the case out of the die you back the neck out of the tapered die neck.
The depth of the base counter bore gives the neck room to expand when you seat your bullets.
A deeper base counter bore may be required to let your case neck back out of the die a little more.
The tapered neck and counterbored base is how Lee was able to size and seat with the same die body on both the Classic and Target Model Loaders.
You can see a longer neck is a little more flexible with Lee's little tapered neck trick. He built an empire starting with that trick."
On this advice I had the base counter-bored by 1 mm and the problem is solved!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's very interesting. DId you have any trouble finding someone to do the work?
Michael
snaginn
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by snaginn »

No trouble - there is a lathe shop 5 minutes from me here in my small town.

Return to “Question Of The Month”