What Would You Save?

Something been on your mind that you have always wanted to ask and google is no help. Ask it here!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

What Would You Save?

Post by Macd »

A bit of fun! If your house was on fire and you could grab only one each of handgun, rifle and shotgun which ones would they be? Why? Pictures please. I will go first.

Handgun
Inglis Browning High Power 9mm. Made in 1944/45 in Toronto. This was presented to someone who I have not been able to definitely identify. I know the last three owners. It has an EX serial number and the Canadian Army stamp. Holster is also original.
2016-04-18 18.07.53.jpg
Rifle
Hard one and I might just perish in the fire trying to decide but I am pretty sure it would be the Savage 99 in.308. Just something about its lines, action and how it feels to hold and shoot.
Sav M99-308.jpg
Shotgun
I still have my first shotty, a single shot, break open Cooey/Winchester Canada model 840 but I think I would save my Baikal IZH 94 Sever. It really is a combo gun with 3" 20g screw in chokes/and .22WMR. Red dot sight tops it off. It is built tough and isn't that light
BKL Server-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: What Would You Save?

Post by mr surveyor »

well, since I'm already carrying one handgun (if I have my pants on), would I be allowed to still grab another one on the go?

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

mr surveyor wrote:well, since I'm already carrying one handgun (if I have my pants on), would I be allowed to still grab another one on the go?jd
Gotta be a lawyer :P lol.

Sure I forgot about carry laws in the USA.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm like JD! Of course, we both live in Texas! Rifles are another story. Each is my favorite, and I have a lot of them. S, no particular one then. I like that with my handguns and dogs as well. No favorite, just love them all equally.

That is a pretty 99. The stock of my 99E that I acquired over Thanksgiving is at a furniture refinishing shop in town. They do rifle stocks as well, and I'm worried about my ability to turn that birch stock into something that looks like walnut. The fellow said that he could handle it. Already has it down to wood in a day, I went over and looked at several shades of stain today, and they will take it from there.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I would save his 99 too.

Forget my stuff.

EDIT

Shotgun is easy. 20 ga Wingmaster I inherited from dad's dad who received it as a retirement gift from his Raines County Highway Department crew when he retired as County Foreman in 1977 or so. It looks new.

EDIT
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Everything is in a fire/flood safe today .......
Except the duck guns in 2 trucks so that accounts for the BPS and Boito O/U there's an %@*&$ HP 9 in my truck Ms has an LCP in hers . So the leaves the 1895 in the loading area I'm tinkering with and the bedroom gun . Of course this is all subject to change if I'm working loads for something else .
Looks like I make a clean break with at least 6 although the duck guns should have come in a week or so ago .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

No pics handy, but I think I'd risk life and limb to get more than one of each! Depending on the situation (SHTF associated fire?) I'd grab either my Garand or my AK. I really love my 1911 but I also like my LC9s and my old pal; Ruger SBH. Don't have a shotgun presently, but can I substitute a rifle for a shotgun? If so mebbe my Ruger 308, but then there's always a need for a 10-22. Oh! How can I decide which of my babies are to be rescued? :lol:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dang you made me crazy with this question. Too many top favorites to save. So, maybe I just go up in smoke with them?
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

One of my neurologist approved meds and our Attorney General have made keeping guns in my home a crime. So I'm afraid most of my favorites are disappearing into the hands of my son's and grandsons. As my health declines it isn't a big deal to want them to be appreciated by my family.

There is no problem keeping my reloading benches, tools, powder, primers, bullets and brass. So I keep busy with projects that keep "my" guns shooting. As an added bonus I get the kids to pick me up and take me shooting with them. So all in all this isn't an issue for me. Besides they are responsible for cleaning and maintenance of my "once" collection.

I can't complain about aging as some unlucky folks don't get to. +guns

As for my favorite of all time, the M1s ( carbine and Garand ). But I love all the guns i kept.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Poppop »

Make sure your fire alarms work and get a sprinkler system close to your gun storage
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA

Return to “Question Of The Month”